Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bob Jovi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2006
London
Hi,

I've recently purchased a macbook and would like to use it to record on at band practise. it would only be with two mics and was wondering if there was any way of doing this without buying pro tools and an mbox??

Thanks

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
Hi,

I've recently purchased a macbook and would like to use it to record on at band practise. it would only be with two mics and was wondering if there was any way of doing this without buying pro tools and an mbox??

Thanks

Try Garageband. You can record stuff as individual tracks etc.

Elrond39

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2005
Utrecht, The Netherlands
You'd probably need some type of input box (check out the M-Audio site), and a couple of cables. You could then hook the cables between the amps and the box, which, I think, should work out as being separate recording signals. As for drums, I think you'd be best off actually recording that separately.

Maybe this will put you on the right track, but, I have no idea whether or not this will work as I think it will, nor if it's the right solution for you.

Just throwing it out there. :)

Bob Jovi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2006
London
All I wanted to use it for initially would be to record us live with two mics in the room so that we can send the songs to our new member so that he can learn them before we practise with him.

In the future I might get an mbox so that I can do high quality multitrack recording, but for the time being just wanted to know the cheapest way to do this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.