Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmckechnie

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 18, 2006
I have an iPod mini and sadly, it has died. Good new though, I have applecare for it! My question is, I'm sending it in to apple for repair but they no longer offer the mini. Will they upgrade it to a nano?

nsbio

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2006
NC
I have an iPod mini and sadly, it has died. Good new though, I have applecare for it! My question is, I'm sending it in to apple for repair but they no longer offer the mini. Will they upgrade it to a nano?

Nano is hardly an upgrade: not much increase in capacity (if at all, depending on the model), no firewire sync, and the Nano does not come with a belt clip. I am holding on to my Mini until the "wheels fall off" :).

Sorry for not having answered your direct question, though

jmckechnie

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 18, 2006
hahaha, trust me if I could keep the mini I would. But it would be nice to be "upgraded" to a smaller unit with a more colorful screen.

Phobophobia

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2003
They're not going to upgrade you. I recently had a 1st gen iPod Mini replaced, and I didn't get an upgrade.

sonofjabba

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2007
Pa
You may get a refurbed unit as a replacement. Or they actually might fix your old one.

Mini's are the best You can do all types of Evil upgrades to them. Large Cap batteries, solid state hard drives now they make them in 16GB!!! Although I'd have more money in my mini doing that than my video. :D Mini's are one of the best ipod concept that apple released. Shame they stopped making them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.