Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jayb2000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 18, 2003
RI -> CA -> ME
I did not see any new threads on this, and I hope I am not stepping on toes, but how about a new assignment?

I supposed the stereotypical thing would be "spring" but how about we come up with a some ideas, then we can take a poll and go?

(edit)
OK, so lets make this the official Ideas thread. We can leave it open until March 27th and then 4 days to vote so we can start on April 1st.

Sound good?

simie

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2004
Sitting
I would have thought that would have been loads of interest in a new assignment.

Spring is a good choice

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I noticed that an assignment thread was missing. I didn't bother starting another thread because I once tried this when Applespider seemed to have forgotten to start one up for the month, and despite trying to make sure the rules were followed (rules that we all came up with together), I was blamed for dictating how things were done. Hardly seems fair.

If you want to start up an assignment thread (ie: one thread for assignment topic ideas, one for voting, and 2 threads for the assignment itself, then be my guest).

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Hm, looks as though the "assignment" concept has died a natural death.... I think a lot of people are choosing to post in the POTD thread or maybe they start a thread around some particular topic and people add their photos to that. Do we want to start up a new assignment, see what happens?

Applespider, where are you?

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
Spring Assignment: BIRTH / REBIRTH

An image that speaks of birth or rebirth in the cycle of life, that which Spring most clearly embodies.

Good luck.

b0tt094

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2006
although the potd thread is huge i still think we need assignment ones because I like to keep an eye out for those instead of just a collection of random pictures.

Its a nice way to compare and contrast styles on a base level

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
I liked the assignment thread because I am very new at photography and I learn alot from other's interpretations and expression of the topics. Does anyone know applespider well enough to pm her and ask if it's been dropped for a reason? The assignment thread is one that really kept me coming back when I was a new member, too.:)

jayb2000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 18, 2003
RI -> CA -> ME
Another thought would be Emergence or Emerging

intr.v. e·merged, e·merg·ing, e·merg·es
1. To rise from or as if from immersion: Sea mammals must emerge periodically to breathe.
2. To come forth from obscurity: new leaders who may emerge.
3. To become evident: The truth emerged at the inquest.
4. To come into existence. See Synonyms at appear.

verb

1. To come into view: appear, issue, loom, materialize, show. Idioms: make (or put in) an appearance, meet the eye. See see
2. To begin to appear or develop: appear, arise, commence, dawn, originate. See start

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
Another thought would be Emergence or Emerging

intr.v. e·merged, e·merg·ing, e·merg·es
1. To rise from or as if from immersion: Sea mammals must emerge periodically to breathe.
2. To come forth from obscurity: new leaders who may emerge.
3. To become evident: The truth emerged at the inquest.
4. To come into existence. See Synonyms at appear.

verb

1. To come into view: appear, issue, loom, materialize, show. Idioms: make (or put in) an appearance, meet the eye. See see
2. To begin to appear or develop: appear, arise, commence, dawn, originate. See start
That seems like an appropriate topic for Spring.:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.