PDA

View Full Version : thinking of selling my powerbook




mac-eroni
Mar 15, 2007, 10:57 AM
Right now I have 2 macs that I use. My powerbook G4 15 1.5GHz, and an iMac G5 1.5 GHz. They both have pretty much the same performance.

I am definitely going to be buying the next MacBookPro that comes out with a 12 screen (if it ever comes) as I have a 24 monitor I plug into at home, and really could use the extra portability of the smaller screen right now.

Right now I can still get about $1200CDN for my powerbook. So I am thinking of unloading it now and using my iMac until the next MBPs come out. (I should be fine going up to 6 months without a portable).

I paid about $2500 for my powerbook a little over 2 years ago, and its a bit difficult to let go of (sentimental attachment).

So I guess my question is, do you think it is worth it selling the PB now? Or waiting until the new models come out and selling it then? Id assume the price would drop a lot in the next few months (with cs3 coming out and the new pro book revisions imminent).


Thanks for the help guys



Helianthus
Mar 15, 2007, 11:19 AM
If you plan to sell, definitely sell now. I'm sure you will see a price drop when the new models are released so its best to unload it ASAP.

someguy
Mar 15, 2007, 11:23 AM
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=3446260 :D

mac-eroni
Mar 15, 2007, 11:27 AM
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=3446260 :D

Oh thanks, Good find!!

someguy
Mar 15, 2007, 11:28 AM
Oh thanks, Good find!!
You're very welcome.

Cult Follower
Mar 15, 2007, 01:07 PM
I'd sell now for sure.

Subiklim
Mar 15, 2007, 02:30 PM
Isn't $1,200 canadian only like $3.50USD?

mac-eroni
Mar 15, 2007, 02:34 PM
Isn't $1,200 canadian only like $3.50USD?

Well we trade in hockey pucks, so I'm not too sure what the conversion would be...:p