PDA

View Full Version : Problems with "eMac Video Repair Extension Program"

ejsavage
Mar 18, 2007, 06:10 PM
I would like to know from those of you that have had to return your emac in the last month what you was told by Apple about how long it would take. This is from what I posted over at Apple.

I went to the Apple Store in Columbus Ohio (03/12) with the eMac they told me the part I need was on a 4-6 week back order and I was told I would be lucky to have it fixed by July 4th (No Joke), thatís a lot more then 4-6 weeks so I don't know what is going on.

I was told, because they did not know how long it would be, to take it back home with me and they would call me when the part came in. I think this is got me worried about how long it was going to take.

I guess it is just wait and see.

My Question is, has anyone else been told they would have a long wait for this repair?

mBurns
Mar 18, 2007, 06:26 PM
Hi. You should call Apple Care. They'll put you in touch with someone you can complain to. I can see a waiting time of 4-6 weeks (they're doing it for free; can't complain) but saying you're computer won't be fixed until July 4th is ridiculious. Are you sure they weren't just having a little fun?

ejsavage
Mar 18, 2007, 08:18 PM
I don't know what to think. If it was a joke I don't think it was very funny. And you are right I can't complain about 4-6 weeks, however over at macfixit website they were saying that only took a three - five days, and their was no back order on the logic board.

On the Discussions boards at Apple this is what they been saying:
The part needed, the logic board, well it's been discontinued.

Now the reason for this post is I was wondering if any one else is going though this?

1dterbeest
Mar 18, 2007, 10:44 PM
I brought one in three weeks ago to a service place
near Milwaukee, WI and was told there was a 3-4
week wait for the part because it was backordered.
Then they called me 3 days later and told me it was
done, so I guess they either had the part or got one
really fast. I still haven't picked it up yet though!