Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dch57

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2007
I am using a Airport Extreme base station and connecting to a Power Mac that is connected via ethernet to the network. I have no problems connecting to the network but after a period of time my connection is lost I must re enter my security codes. I would think that I would always be connected and never have to relog. It is real pain. Any thought would be appreciated.

dch57

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2007
I am using AEBS to the ATV. ATV works great all functions work just can't figure out why my network connection drops between the ATV and iTunes. My other connections between other PC work fine just ATV.

sadie123

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2010
The issues were that logic 7.2.1 didn't fully support quad processors (ie it would only utilise 2 cores, or 50% of each core meaning half the power overall), and then 7.2.2 came out and supported all four cores on the mac pros straight away - this pissed quad g5 owners off no end!

It's been over a year they haven't been able to utilise the other 2 cores on their machine, but now finally, it's all good. I only have a dual core 2.0 so it doesn't affect me much, but at least it shows apple didn't completely leave quad g5 owners in the lurch, even if it IS a year late and they supported the intels first

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.