PDA

View Full Version : A Ti Book was ran ove by a car today!!!

mymemory
Jun 13, 2003, 11:18 PM
Ok, today I went to my friend that has a Mac store and he was fixing a Ti Powerbook who was ran over by a car in the morning and guess what... it worked just fine, even the cd-rom and the screen worked fine. The enclusure was blend of course and the back pack had the drawing of the tires on it but it was working fine.

The thing was that the owner was getting in to his car when some one called him on his cell phone and while he was talking he got in to the car and in his wy back the parking lot he steped on his bag where the PB was! I wante to take some pictures of it, my friend was fixing and examining the internal broken parts, everything was blended inside but it was fully funtional, not even dead pixels.:confused:

applemacdude
Jun 13, 2003, 11:41 PM
What do you mean by "blended"? The ti's are pretty well built. Try that with a cheap plastic PC:)

Wardofsky
Jun 14, 2003, 12:25 AM
Interesting...
I just thought of a new ad...

irmongoose
Jun 14, 2003, 12:45 AM
I think he means bended...

Anyways, this just shows how sturdy and well-built the Powerbooks are... true Apple quality stuff. This incident coincides with the one where the woman baked her Powerbook (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19401&).. well, at least this one wasn't intentional...

irmongoose

Abstract
Jun 14, 2003, 01:30 AM
Haha.....I had to work my way from blended, to "bended", to the correct term, "bent". :)

But if the top of the PB was run over, how did the screen survive so well? Wouldn't the indented titanium somehow interfere with the LCD?

ibookin'
Jun 14, 2003, 01:34 AM
Ouch. But a testimony to the durability of Apple laptops nonetheless.

Wardofsky
Jun 14, 2003, 02:35 AM
Just in case.

Do not try this at home.

shadowfax
Jun 14, 2003, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by Wardofsky
Just in case.

Do not try this at home. haha, i had just joked with a friend of mine that we should go and try this in the morning! :D

RandomDeadHead
Jun 14, 2003, 04:26 AM
I hope the conversation he was having was important, not just a "booty-call":D

blogo
Jun 14, 2003, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by Wardofsky
Interesting...
I just thought of a new ad...

They can make that steamroller ad again, crushing lots of pc laptops, then it runs over the powerbook but it doesn't get broken ;)

Wardofsky
Jun 14, 2003, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by Eple
They can make that steamroller ad again, crushing lots of pc laptops, then it runs over the powerbook but it doesn't get broken ;)

Oh jeeze, I can remember that one.
I can also remember the Pentium Snail.
The burning Bio-chemical dancing chemical Pentium guy.
Oh, Apple, ads are your greatest front.