PDA

View Full Version : Panther on new iMac

jxyama
Jun 16, 2003, 12:37 PM
I submitted this as a main story but I am not sure if Arn will post it... Kodawarisan [link] (http://www.kodawarisan.com/ug) (Japanese) is claiming that the Panther will be introduced at WWDC in a week then made publically available 3 months later pre-installed on a newly designed iMac. The claim is that the new iMac will have a 17" LCD monitor and a new casing.

dswoodley
Jun 16, 2003, 12:56 PM
The current form factor has been around only 18months...I just can't see a total redesign happening yet...maybe a few tweaks.

jethroted
Jun 16, 2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by dswoodley
The current form factor has been around only 18months...I just can't see a total redesign happening yet...maybe a few tweaks.

They might come up with a new design if the new ones have 970's in them. I know that sounds like a long shot, but it could happen.

strider42
Jun 16, 2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by dswoodley

it was abuot 2years or so after the CRT iMacs came out that the slot loaders came out. That was a pretty big redesign (new logic board, cooling system, case, etc), so I wouldn't totally rule out a somewhat modified case, etc. Don't expect anything earth shattering though.

Royal Pineapple
Jun 16, 2003, 05:29 PM
it also says that it will have 10.2.3 on it, but that has already come and gone

G3-Pwnz-G4
Jun 16, 2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by strider42
...cooling system...

or lack thereof...i really don't like what they did with it. my sister has the "snow" flavored imac dv se + super or wutever, and it's really quiet but it also is extremely hot...her room is like a volcano everytime i gotta go and nurse it back to life after she destroys it...