PDA

View Full Version : total war on intel macs

MarsUltor
Apr 18, 2007, 01:23 PM
Does anybody know how well the Total War games (Rome, and Medieval) run on the new intel macs running bootcamp? I have always wanted to play those games, but am hesitant to upgrade either my desktop or laptop...

Help!
Apr 18, 2007, 04:00 PM
i played the demo for medieval on my mac pro and it worked well

patmort02
Apr 19, 2007, 05:15 PM
I play Rome: Total War with my Macbook 2.0 CD with 2 GB of ram. It's definitely playable, but can be a little laggy at times. I am almost positive that having a dedicated video card would fix this problem.

robPOD
Apr 19, 2007, 07:03 PM
I played the demo on my Mb it was playable but a little laggy sometimes, but still playable.

MarsUltor
Apr 20, 2007, 08:32 AM
I play Rome: Total War with my Macbook 2.0 CD with 2 GB of ram. It's definitely playable, but can be a little laggy at times. I am almost positive that having a dedicated video card would fix this problem.

Yea, i have been hesitant to get anything but the MacPro, just because it has the best (and upgradable) graphics card... but i just don't have the cash to spend... i guess i'll wait for my current ibook to die, and hope a new laptop comes out with a better graphics card... or maybe a mini with a better card... thanks for the input

King Crimson
Apr 20, 2007, 12:59 PM
Esp. on the 17" ... Would be nice to know, THANX :rolleyes:

displaced
Apr 20, 2007, 07:45 PM
Esp. on the 17" ... Would be nice to know, THANX :rolleyes:

I play Rome:TW, Mediaeval:TW and Shogun:TW on my Core (Not 2) Duo Macbook Pro 15" absolutely fine in Boot Camp. No problems whatsoever.