PDA

View Full Version : Video picture gone wild!


crazytom
Jun 18, 2003, 10:00 PM
Here's some weirdness. Every time I put my Dual GHz MDD to sleep, this is what the screen looks like after I wake it. Anyone else experience this???

crazytom
Jun 18, 2003, 10:14 PM
Oops. Problem getting the image up here...and my video card is an ATI 9000.

Let's try this again:

Freg3000
Jun 18, 2003, 10:45 PM
It might be driver problems. Check out Apple's help section to see if there are any driver problems with your GPU. I think there are.

crazytom
Jun 19, 2003, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by Freg3000
It might be driver problems. Check out Apple's help section to see if there are any driver problems with your GPU. I think there are.


Been there, done that: no luck. :(

I'm thinking I'm going to have to send the card back to ATI for a replacement...but man, I don't want to be video-less for weeks.

celaurie
Jun 19, 2003, 06:38 AM
Can you post a bigger pic, or pm one over?

Have you managed to get to the source of the problem yet?

Chris, the curious one

crazytom
Jun 19, 2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by celaurie
Can you post a bigger pic, or pm one over?

Have you managed to get to the source of the problem yet?

Chris, the curious one

I haven't pinned down the problem. Just that is ONLY happens when I wake the computer from sleep...it's OK if the screensaver kicks in.

Let's try this one:

crazytom
Jun 19, 2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by celaurie
Can you post a bigger pic, or pm one over?

Have you managed to get to the source of the problem yet?

Chris, the curious one

I'm just amazed that I can grab this image. That should tell me something, but I don't know what. I know it's not my monitor. The image gets worse (the purple shading) when move a window. It's really bizarre....

mnkeybsness
Jun 19, 2003, 01:16 PM
this almost looks like magnetic interference, but if the "grabbed" image shows like this then it's not magnetic.

possiblity: your video card is bad.

crazytom
Jun 19, 2003, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by mnkeybsness
this almost looks like magnetic interference, but if the "grabbed" image shows like this then it's not magnetic.

possiblity: your video card is bad.

Yes, I better send it back to ATI sooner than later. Anyone know if an older ATI Rage Pro will work in my MDD?