PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon

Creibold
Apr 21, 2007, 08:50 PM
Hello everyone! The new Pokemon Diamond and Pearl come out tomorrow, and I was just wondering who all here is going to go out and buy one of them, or two!! (Yes, it's been ten years now :p )

Dagless
May 1, 2007, 06:34 AM
I bought Pearl and Diamon for me and Caroline. I thought FF3 was a good RPG! I'm hooked. Thought it was standard Pokemon fare until the Underground bit!

Yea awesome game. My code is James - 2492 0597 1043 12 hours in, 2 gym badges (taking my sweet time), all Pokemon around lv20-25.

BurtonCCC
May 1, 2007, 08:26 AM
I've got Diamond and I'm around where James is at. I think I've played an hour or two more though. It's so easy to just mess around on the side quests!

3179-2571-6512

Daniel.

balamw
May 1, 2007, 08:34 AM
I'm playing diamond and my son's playing pearl. We're both also just around the second gym.

Haven't got wifi working yet (it won't take my WEP key).

B

seenew
May 1, 2007, 10:44 AM
I've got Diamond, but haven't set up my wifi yet.
I just beat the 4th gym.

Prinplup lvl 32
Alakazam lvl 31
Ponyta lvl 27
Chartot lvl 26
Cranidos lvl 26
Geodude lvl 21 (HM slave :P)

I higly recommend Alakazam for the fourth gym, if you can teach it shock wave (it's a TM I found). I beat all the trainers and the gym leader with JUST him, and didn't have to use any potions or other healers. It was awesome.

Dagless
May 1, 2007, 12:06 PM
Hah, I have a Geodude as a HM Slave too. Swampert was my last one :(

Frankly my dear I love everything in this game. Especially the trainer battle music, there are little melody bits in that I keep listening out for.

Anyone up for a trade? I can send you starters you didn't pick?

ghall
May 1, 2007, 01:11 PM
Me want Pokemon Diaomond. :)
But, I can't get it yet, can't spend my money until I get a chance to take out the girl I like.
Ha ha, I have a life. :)

seenew
May 1, 2007, 04:32 PM
Me want Pokemon Diaomond. :)
But, I can't get it yet, can't spend my money until I get a chance to take out the girl I like.
Ha ha, I have a life. :)

Ha, my girl is in school hours away. I don't get to take her out until the summer. So yeah, I have some cash to spend.

And when you play this game, you will understand obsession.

zap2
May 1, 2007, 04:42 PM
Got it last Sunday, at have a 27, 26 and 25. So far its a great game, however my DS lite has finally got a broken hidge....but now I'll get a new one(great cuz my D-Pad is getting a bit worn out!)

Guess I'll be using the DS phat soon

Dagless
May 1, 2007, 04:48 PM
I had a play on my classic DS for kicks, I find it's actually a very nicely designed system. The speakers are much better than the Lites and I much prefer the SP style buttons. Less dead zone to push through.

My Caroline is 30 hours in now :D or should that be :eek:

applekid
May 1, 2007, 04:49 PM
This actually that good?

It doesn't look there's anything amazingly great about this game besides the WiFi. :rolleyes:

Granted I bought both games so I can play with my sister :D Will try it when I go home and actually get back to my DS.

zap2
May 1, 2007, 04:50 PM
I had a play on my classic DS for kicks, I find it's actually a very nicely designed system. The speakers are much better than the Lites and I much prefer the SP style buttons. Less dead zone to push through.

My Caroline is 30 hours in now :D or should that be :eek:

no questions in my mind, the buttons on the old one are better IMO, the D-Pad moves around to much for my liking on the Lite....but the screen!!! Its so nice!

SkyBell
May 1, 2007, 05:13 PM
I'll be buying it soon, But it's not at the top of my list (unlike when I was younger :))

zap2
May 1, 2007, 05:19 PM
I'll be buying it soon, But it's not at the top of my list (unlike when I was younger :))

It should be, you can't out grow on the the best game ever!!

sb58
May 1, 2007, 05:34 PM
got all 8 badges. i have a level 50 Dialga and 59 Empoleon. I'm going to trade my 100 Charizard and 50 Zapdos from Leafgreen so i'm nice and balanced. and my WoW Friend may hook me up with a 100 mew. sweet.

and my WiFi isn't working very well atm... i don't even know my friend code :(

BTW: does anyone know where i can get Waterfall? these online guides say Nasagi City but that doesn't exist on this version XD

Dagless
May 1, 2007, 06:09 PM
It should be, you can't out grow on the the best game ever!!

Haha, so true. I graduate university in about 6 weeks with a First Class Degree, b-b-b-but Pokemon :eek:

It doesn't look there's anything amazingly great about this game besides the WiFi.
How do you improve on perfection? Check the Gamefaqs or Metacritic scores on the GBA games, such a highly rated series. If they play with the formula too much they run the risk of breaking it. The game size is already 64mb, imagine that with 3D models for all 500 Pokemon :eek:

sb58
May 1, 2007, 06:48 PM
The game size is already 64mb, imagine that with 3D models for all 500 Pokemon :eek:

thats why there's Pokemon Stadium :D
which i'd love to see a new version of. Wii version? all 492 pokemon? it would rock.

Dagless
May 1, 2007, 07:07 PM
thats why there's Pokemon Stadium :D
which i'd love to see a new version of. Wii version? all 492 pokemon? it would rock.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Battle_Revolution :)

sb58
May 1, 2007, 07:08 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Battle_Revolution :)

oh sweet thanks :D

zap2
May 1, 2007, 07:47 PM
Battle Revolutions looks really good....with the whole DS to Wii thing working so well, since its all done wirelessly!

edit-my code

0086 8842 8895 named Rob

applekid
May 1, 2007, 07:54 PM
How do you improve on perfection? Check the Gamefaqs or Metacritic scores on the GBA games, such a highly rated series. If they play with the formula too much they run the risk of breaking it. The game size is already 64mb, imagine that with 3D models for all 500 Pokemon :eek:

Pokemon Stadium was on 64 MiB catridge (and probably didn't use every single megabyte), according to Wikipedia. The DS cartridge can get as large as 128 MB, from last I heard. 3D Pokemon would've been a nice start, but that's not I'm going for. Pokemon the TV show (early on when I was 10 year old and actually kept up with it) had a lot more interaction between the Pokemon and the trainer. Would've been nice to have Pokemon that are more personal. Granted, I haven't played the DS one quite yet, so I'll hold judgement.

Dagless
May 1, 2007, 08:40 PM
There's a lot of interaction now, like a clear way of finding out if your Pokemon likes you, the photo booth place, the "contests". It's all adding up, but I agree there should be more interaction as a whole. And sticking a fire spewing horse in a 1x1 piece of tall grass shouldn't happen.

Added Rob and Daniel :D

sb58
May 1, 2007, 09:19 PM
i don't get the whole random encounters... i just found a wild steelix on Victory Road, and that thing weighs nearly a ton. how could i have just happened upon it? wouldn't that thing take up damn near the entire cavern?

btw, ingame, your character is incredibly short. go to the pokedex, pick a random pokemon, and do a height comparison or w/e. you're only like 4'8"
thats ridiculous XD

it5five
May 2, 2007, 03:54 AM
I just bought Pearl today, but what I really want is just simple remake of Red and Blue for DS. I have NO idea what is going on with these new Pokemon, and a lot of my peers (early 20's) agree. I want to use the Pokemon I grew up with without all of these new ones in my way.

That said, Pearl and Tetris will probably own my DS this summer since I just finished finals. :)

Dagless
May 2, 2007, 06:38 AM
They remade Red and Blue as FireRed and LeafGreen for the GBA a couple of years ago. It's basically the original games, designed to get GBA players able to bring across the old Pokemon. They included a series of islands once you beat the game too so you could capture the whole Gold/Silver Pokemon. It's a huge game and tons of fun :)

balamw
May 2, 2007, 09:07 AM
i don't get the whole random encounters...

This is one way I prefer Red/Blue Rescue Team. It seems more "natural" and more free since each member of your party can contribute to a battle in parallel. Hope they make a sequel to that too.

They remade Red and Blue as FireRed and LeafGreen for the GBA a couple of years ago.

Unlike Red Rescue, I find the LeafGreen works well with the DS controls, and I concur it's lots of fun.

B

it5five
May 2, 2007, 12:40 PM
They remade Red and Blue as FireRed and LeafGreen for the GBA a couple of years ago. It's basically the original games, designed to get GBA players able to bring across the old Pokemon. They included a series of islands once you beat the game too so you could capture the whole Gold/Silver Pokemon. It's a huge game and tons of fun :)

I know. They are in the "Players Choice" selection now, so they're pretty cheap. I just want one for the DS. :p What I will probably do is get either one after I beat Pearl, and import all of the originals that I catch into Pearl.

sb58
May 2, 2007, 04:22 PM

.... really? why did i never realize that? XD

Tom B.
May 3, 2007, 02:32 PM
I just got Diamond last Saturday, but i haven't had much time to play it yet :(. I just got to Solaceon and my main 3 Pokemon right now are; Empoleon Level 38, Ponyta Level 30 and Haunter Level 28.

I know. They are in the "Players Choice" selection now, so they're pretty cheap. I just want one for the DS. :p What I will probably do is get either one after I beat Pearl, and import all of the originals that I catch into Pearl.

You might as well get it now, because if you play Diamond or Pearl with a GBA Pokemon game in your DS's GBA port, you can catch Pokemon that would otherwise not be there. Here is the full list (http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/gbapokemon.shtml).

Mackilroy
May 3, 2007, 02:50 PM
I've been playing my DS a ton since I got Diamond… right now I have a level 37 Empoleon, a level 27 Kadabra, and everything else is weaker, but I'm using that one stone that lets you level up Pokemon that aren't fighting a lot. :)

Dagless
May 3, 2007, 03:12 PM
All mine are lv25 now, the 3 main starters, Clefairy, Luxio and a low level Onix I'm readying to be a Steelix.

sb58
May 3, 2007, 04:16 PM
My Current Party:
Empoleon~66
Dialga~57
Steelix~47
Chingling~38
Bronzong~38
Machoke~34

i've gotten all the way to the Elite Four Champion's second pokemon, but then i run out of moves :(
i need Ethers but i can't find a place to actually buy them.

i really want a Palkia (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/484.shtml) but i can't find someone with one whos willing to trade :(

it5five
May 5, 2007, 03:15 AM
All mine are lv25 now, the 3 main starters, Clefairy, Luxio and a low level Onix I'm readying to be a Steelix.

Is it easy to get the starters traded? Both of the starters would be great, especially since I still need a Fire/Fighting and I'm getting sick of trying to evolve by Budew, so a new grass that actually evolves would be great. If you can help me out I'd appreciate it so much.

My friend code is:

Ryan - 0430 4855 9941

I added James, Daniel, and Rob.

Dagless
May 5, 2007, 06:17 AM
Yea sure, I can ship you over the water and grass starters (names have totally escaped me) any time.

it5five
May 5, 2007, 10:30 AM
Yea sure, I can ship you over the water and grass starters (names have totally escaped me) any time.

Oh, I already have the water starter. Thanks though. The grass and fire would be great, but if you can't send the fire that's okay. Thanks again. I really appreciate it.

EDIT: Do we need to be on at the same time to do the trade, or is there some sort of "hold" box? If we do need to be on at the same time, I'm GMT -7, so whenever is good for you, really.

sb58
May 5, 2007, 12:02 PM
anyone have a Palkia they'd be willing to trade? or any of the 3 other legendary pokemon?
Uxie (http://pokemon.marriland.com/diamond_pearl/pokedex/uxie)
Mesprit (http://pokemon.marriland.com/diamond_pearl/pokedex/mesprit)
Azelf (http://pokemon.marriland.com/diamond_pearl/pokedex/azelf)

i'm trying to make a full 6 pokemon roster of legendaries :D

my friend code is:
Jsk- 4038 2594 3669

Dagless
May 5, 2007, 02:11 PM
When I get a Palkia I'll duplicate the sucker and whore it around (assuming it's genderless like previous legendaries).

sb58
May 5, 2007, 02:17 PM
duplicate it? with a Ditto or something? or a glitch like in those older versions?

and yeah Palkia is genderless, at least it should be, Dialga is.

paddy
May 6, 2007, 07:39 AM
To all those people with the game, I'll be getting it when I'm done exams but just one thing - can you have more than one save file in this game?

Dagless
May 6, 2007, 07:46 AM
1 save only. But theres a nice new lock feature to prevent siblings or partners from wiping over your 50 hour save by starting a new game.

sb58
May 6, 2007, 10:05 AM
i got a level 100 Mew and level 65 Riolu from a friend :D
Elite Four should be easy to beat now :P

it5five
May 6, 2007, 11:20 AM
Hey, jimmi, are you able to do the starter trades some time today? When would be best for you?

zap2
May 6, 2007, 11:27 AM
Is it easy to get the starters traded? Both of the starters would be great, especially since I still need a Fire/Fighting and I'm getting sick of trying to evolve by Budew, so a new grass that actually evolves would be great. If you can help me out I'd appreciate it so much.

My friend code is:

Ryan - 0430 4855 9941

I added James, Daniel, and Rob.

I'll add ya today!

Tom B.
May 6, 2007, 02:03 PM
theres a nice new lock feature to prevent siblings or partners from wiping over your 50 hour save by starting a new game.

I can't seem to find an option for this yet, how do you set it? :confused:

Also, I'm not sure if it's normal, but if I close my DS while I'm in a battle, the game freezes, and my only option is to turn it off. Its a bit annoying, especially if you haven't saved for 2 hours. :mad:

Dagless
May 6, 2007, 03:45 PM
It's always on, try playing a new game and you get a warning saying that you won't be able to save it. You can pretty much do everything but save. To start a new game you have to delete the old save by holding a button combination down on the title screen.

Tom B.
May 7, 2007, 01:01 PM
An update on my team:

Level 52 Empoleon (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/395.shtml)
Level 51 Infernape (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/392.shtml)
Level 53 Torterra (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/389.shtml)
Level 51 Dialga (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/483.shtml)
Level 51 Gengar (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/094.shtml)
Level 42 Luxray (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/405.shtml)

it5five
May 7, 2007, 09:40 PM
Anyone up for a trade? I can send you starters you didn't pick?

Hey jimmi, are you able to send the starters right now?

Dagless
May 7, 2007, 09:43 PM
Sorry mate. I'm back in time with a wired router till we get our broadband updated :o in the mean time what Pokemon do you want? I'll get everything ready and waiting till we're back on wireless.

it5five
May 7, 2007, 09:47 PM
The starter monkey (chimchar I think) and turtwig. Thanks again, I appreciate it. Let me know when you're able to do the trade. Sorry if I've been a pest. :o

Dagless
May 8, 2007, 01:59 PM
Was doing a spot of pixel art for my game earlier and whipped up a quick self portrait as a Pokemon trainer :D

sb58
May 8, 2007, 02:45 PM
w00t caught Uxie :D
going for Azelf next, and waiting to get another masterball before i go for Mesprit.

seen 142 pokemon too!

Mackilroy
May 8, 2007, 05:29 PM
Sorry mate. I'm back in time with a wired router till we get our broadband updated :o in the mean time what Pokemon do you want? I'll get everything ready and waiting till we're back on wireless.

Could you do me a favor and send me Turtwig and Chimchar as well? Once I switch our network back to WEP for a bit I'll put up my friend code.

Dagless
May 8, 2007, 05:43 PM
I should be able too, I left Chimchar at Carolines (god, it almost makes them sound real) so I'm not sure when I'll get that one back. The others are totally fine. Would you like them holding Rare Candy or anything like that? :cool:

sb58
May 8, 2007, 05:45 PM
raggedjimmi do you have any spare masterballs? :P

Dagless
May 8, 2007, 05:53 PM
I don't have 1 yet :D

sb58
May 8, 2007, 07:00 PM
ah that sucks :P
i used mine on Dialga and now i regret that, i should have used it on Mesprit :P

ghall
May 12, 2007, 05:45 PM
Just got Pokémon Pearl today.

My friend code is: 2663 8763 8323

Edit: And my name is Kimmy. (I'm a guy in real life, but it's sort of a tradition for me to choose the girl charachter and name her Kimmy. Don't ask why.)

My current lineup:
Budew level 10
Starly level 10
Chinchar level 10
Shinx level 10
and Geodude level 8

Tom B.
May 15, 2007, 08:13 AM
Wow! Just caught Dialga with a single Dusk Ball!

Turn 1: I used Close Combat with Infernape, and Dialga's health was on red.
Turn 2: I switched to Gengar.
Turn 3: Used Hypnosis, Dialga is now asleep.
Turn 4: Threw Dusk Ball. Success!

Dagless
May 15, 2007, 09:29 AM
They are very easy to catch! Quick ball did nothing (didn't think so!) just used my super high defence Pokemon to keep it at bay whilst I gave Palkia status's from hell. Ultraball. Bam!

I'm still chuffed that I caught Mewtwo in FireRed using a great ball :D

sb58
May 15, 2007, 02:32 PM

how'd you get to mewtwo? i went back hoping to get him but the cavern was blocked... i had already beaten the elite four too :(

Dagless
May 15, 2007, 02:59 PM
I've no idea! I just went to that unknown cave place after the Elite 4 (rushing through just to catch him :D ) and there he was. Maybe talk to Professor Oak? Was a while ago now.

balamw
May 15, 2007, 03:10 PM
how'd you get to mewtwo? i went back hoping to get him but the cavern was blocked... i had already beaten the elite four too :(

I've no idea! I just went to that unknown cave place after the Elite 4 (rushing through just to catch him :D ) and there he was. Maybe talk to Professor Oak? Was a while ago now.

sb58 you need to give Celio the Sapphire. Have you been to the Islands?

B

sb58
May 15, 2007, 03:16 PM
sb58 you need to give Celio the Sapphire. Have you been to the Islands?

B

i've been to islands 1,2 and 3... don't have a sapphire XD

Avenger23
May 17, 2007, 03:23 PM
I just got Pokemon Diamond earlier this week. I'm working on getting my Pokemon leveled up and working on my 3rd badge. Below is a list of my Pokemon/levels and my FC.

Torterra: LV 32
Luxio: LV 29
Roselia: LV 29
Ponyta: LV 14
Buizel: LV 11

FC: 0945 8913 4628
Name: Curtis

Tom B.
May 18, 2007, 05:59 PM
They are very easy to catch! Quick ball did nothing (didn't think so!) just used my super high defence Pokemon to keep it at bay whilst I gave Palkia status's from hell. Ultraball. Bam!
My brother just caught Palkia with relative ease too, well 3 ultra balls.
To anyone who is quite far through the game, are the rest of the Diamond & Pearl legendaries as easy to catch?
It took me 3 ultra balls to catch Mewtwo in Fire Red, which at the time amazed me, as, all together, the legendary birds took about 5 hours and a huge amount of restarts to catch.

Dagless
May 18, 2007, 06:07 PM
I'm definitely having trouble catching the Mirage Pokemon. I got into battle with one of them but the damn thing fled. Restarted and retraced my steps and it switched course! Must be random this time.

balamw
May 18, 2007, 07:04 PM
I'm definitely having trouble catching the Mirage Pokemon. I got into battle with one of them but the damn thing fled. Restarted and retraced my steps and it switched course! Must be random this time.

I ended up using a master ball on Mesprit, Uxie and Azelf were easy catches with ~3 dusk balls each.

To corner Mesprit, find a patch of grass outside a town. Every time you go in or out of the town it'll move, as soon as it's in your patch of grass, look for it there and try to catch it. If it flees, start again. I got tired of this after a few tries so I threw the master ball at it.

B

sb58
May 18, 2007, 08:28 PM

there's a Poketch app that allows you to follow where it is. Get it from the Poketch Headquarters in... Jubilife?

and Mesprit can flee even if its asleep... kinda cheap...

Dagless
May 18, 2007, 09:01 PM
Spent a few hours chasing them. Got all 3 now :D currently using the blond(e?) one as he's a good 10 levels higher than my current roster. Spent way too long levelling up Pokemon I was never going to use later in the game :o

sb58
May 18, 2007, 09:32 PM
Uxie ;)

Tom B.
May 20, 2007, 04:42 PM
My progress is gonna slow down a bit now, i came off my bike this morning and broke my wrist and messed up my favourite watch pretty badly :mad:. So I'll have to play my DS with one hand for about a month and a half. Typing takes a while with only one hand too. :o

balamw
May 21, 2007, 06:10 PM
I finally made it to the Elite Four last night and got creamed by the Solarbeam guy. (third trainer). Anyone have thoughts on how to manage him, I was thinking of surfing his rapidash into oblivion, but am not sure how well that'll play out. :p

My team is Dialga, Infernape, Floatzel, Chatot, Machoke, Staraptor all in the high 40s to mid 50s.

My son caught his Palkia after I helped him through the Galactic boss with a single dusk ball and is now chasing the three mirages....

B

FleurDuMal
May 24, 2007, 04:18 PM
So where can I import this into the UK?! I've tried ordering of Renchi.com, but it comes up with an error message about addresses every time it takes me to Paypal to pay. :confused:

Dagless
May 24, 2007, 05:22 PM
cd-wow.co.uk - I ordered mine from there for a savvy 20.43.

sb58
May 24, 2007, 05:46 PM
i can't find an Onown nor Wormadam. its really annoying :(

balamw
May 24, 2007, 05:52 PM
i can't find an Onown nor Wormadam. its really annoying :(

You mean Unown? Have you been to the Solaceon ruins? Plenty there.

Dunno where to find Wormadam.

B

sb58
May 24, 2007, 07:11 PM
ah yeah Unown my bad :P

and i've been to those ruins... just found geodudes =/

balamw
May 24, 2007, 10:01 PM
ah yeah Unown my bad :P

and i've been to those ruins... just found geodudes =/

I haven't see any in the room where the guy says he's looking for them (only geodudes), but in the ruins east of Solaceon I was literally beating them off with a stick. Did you make it all the way to the bottom of the ruins? there's good stuff down there! Maybe it's a night/day thing? My son just evolved his Riolu into Lucario, but I generally play at night I'll need to find some time to play in the day to have a hope of evolving him.

B

Tom B.
May 24, 2007, 11:36 PM
I just beat the Elite 4 and the champion! At 5 in the morning! :eek:

I used:
Level 54 Empoleon
Level 54 Torterra
Level 52 Infernape
Level 52 Gengar
Level 51 Dialga
Level 35 Bastidon

I never thought i would beat them first time round. :D

balamw
May 24, 2007, 11:42 PM
I just beat the Elite 4 and the champion! At 5 in the morning! :eek:
I never thought i would beat them first time round. :D

Who'd you use against the third trainer? I've been up against him twice and gotten creamed, less so the second time, but still dead.

B

AppleGuy08
May 25, 2007, 02:43 AM
you should stock up on a ton of moomoo milks and hyper potions. all the good stuff thatll revive you. speaking of reviving, get some of those too!

balamw
May 25, 2007, 09:00 AM
you should stock up on a ton of moomoo milks and hyper potions. all the good stuff thatll revive you. speaking of reviving, get some of those too!

Got plenty, just having a hard time knocking the foes out. Made it past #3 last night, and didn't try too hard with #4, but his last guy knocked out my last one. :(

B

Tom B.
May 25, 2007, 09:49 AM
Got plenty, just having a hard time knocking the foes out. Made it past #3 last night, and didn't try too hard with #4, but his last guy knocked out my last one. :(

Do you mean Bronzong? It took me ages to beat that one too. It used calm mind till its Special Attack and Defense were maximized, so it could pretty much beat any of my Pokemon with one hit, and I couldn't do more than 2mm of damage at a time. I just held on (by using 1 revive per turn) till it had used up all the PP of every move except calm mind, then i used swagger to confuse it, and after 3 turns of hurting itself in confusion, victory was mine!

balamw
May 25, 2007, 11:34 AM
Do you mean Bronzong? It took me ages to beat that one too. It used calm mind till its Special Attack and Defense were maximized, so it could pretty much beat any of my Pokemon with one hit, and I couldn't do more than 2mm of damage at a time. I just held on (by using 1 revive per turn) till it had used up all the PP of every move except calm mind, then i used swagger to confuse it, and after 3 turns of hurting itself in confusion, victory was mine!

Yeah, I did about the same with Bronzong, helps to stick it out with Dialga and his Pressure. It was the Griafarig that got me last night. I had him deep in the red and chose to attack instead of healing myself. My attack missed his hit. :(

B

sb58
May 25, 2007, 04:25 PM
I haven't see any in the room where the guy says he's looking for them (only geodudes), but in the ruins east of Solaceon I was literally beating them off with a stick. Did you make it all the way to the bottom of the ruins? there's good stuff down there! Maybe it's a night/day thing? My son just evolved his Riolu into Lucario, but I generally play at night I'll need to find some time to play in the day to have a hope of evolving him.

B

Ah thank you :D

btw, Riolu evolves when its really happy with you, not because of a day/night thing.

AppleGuy08
May 25, 2007, 04:36 PM
Hey there, anyone know what level my crappy magicarp will evolve to a gyrados? thanks.

sb58
May 25, 2007, 04:59 PM
in the old games, it was 20. should be the same in Diamond/Pearl

AppleGuy08
May 25, 2007, 06:29 PM
dang, level 20 came and passed without event. i think its either 22 or 23 because i jsut saw a lvl 23 gyrados w/ some lil punk fisher dude

balamw
May 25, 2007, 07:04 PM
btw, Riolu evolves when its really happy with you, not because of a day/night thing.

I keep him happy enough, using him, giving him vitamins, etc... but apparently he needs to get a level during daytime to evolve according to various sources and now that I've leveled him up to 25 or so that's more effort....

B

AppleGuy08
May 25, 2007, 11:32 PM
WOOOO!! Fok pokemon atleast for a few weeks. I just got so lucky! went into my local walmart, saw 5 Wii's in the case, just came in 30 mins before i got there. Just scooped one up and im playin now! yay. Ive been tryin to track this baby down for months

balamw
May 26, 2007, 10:52 AM
WOOOO!! Fok pokemon atleast for a few weeks. I just got so lucky! went into my local walmart, saw 5 Wii's in the case, just came in 30 mins before i got there. Just scooped one up and im playin now! yay. Ive been tryin to track this baby down for months

Just in time to break it in for Pokemon Battle Revolution. :p

I finally became the champion last night with my son riding shotgun. The missing ingredient was teaching my team a few key moves. Flamethrower came in real handy with my Infernape. :D

Now wandering around the Battle Zone.

B

it5five
May 26, 2007, 11:42 AM
I have come to the realization that I'm spending way too much time leveling up too many pokemon. I think I have about 11-ish. Can someone help me get these down to 6?

Prinplup
Geodude
Luxio
Staravia
Machop
Cherubi
Turtwig
Budew
Chimchar
Abra
Pikachu
Legendary Still in Egg from jimmi

I know that I at least want the legendary on my team, whatever it is. What should my other 5 be?

sb58
May 26, 2007, 01:31 PM
it5five, find 6 pokemon that can cover all types.
for instance, having a luxio and pikachu is pretty redundant since they're both electric types. personally, i would go with pikachu but thats purely based on looks.
same thing goes for budew and turtwig.

that reminds me, could anyone who has Wormadam trade me one? XD i just can't find Burmy and i've been looking for a while now. Wormadam is the last pokemon i need to complete my pokedex :(

it5five
May 26, 2007, 02:01 PM
it5five, find 6 pokemon that can cover all types.
for instance, having a luxio and pikachu is pretty redundant since they're both electric types. personally, i would go with pikachu but thats purely based on looks.
same thing goes for budew and turtwig.

that reminds me, could anyone who has Wormadam trade me one? XD i just can't find Burmy and i've been looking for a while now. Wormadam is the last pokemon i need to complete my pokedex :(

Yeah, I had two teams going for some reason, so the luxio and pikachu are on different ones. I planned on taking the Pikachu, also based on looks, but I wasn't sure if the luxio offered anything better.

EDIT:

I think I'm going to go with the three starters, Pikachu, Abra or Staravia, and the legendary when it hatches.

balamw
May 26, 2007, 04:53 PM
I just can't find Burmy
Have you tried the honey trees?

I caught my Burmy there after slathering a tree with honey. I ran into a Wormadam on Victory Road though?!?

I think I'm going to go with the three starters, Pikachu, Abra or Staravia, and the legendary when it hatches.

Sounds like a decent team. My Staraptor was a valuable part of the team until just before Victory Road and Kadabra was quite useful. Note that you'll run into some decently strong water types you can catch later on so is seems less urgent to build up Piplup, but I'd be torn between Torterra and Roserade if I wanted a leaf type on my team.

B

sb58
May 26, 2007, 09:56 PM

I caught my Burmy there after slathering a tree with honey. I ran into a Wormadam on Victory Road though?!?

Sounds like a decent team. My Staraptor was a valuable part of the team until just before Victory Road and Kadabra was quite useful. Note that you'll run into some decently strong water types you can catch later on so is seems less urgent to build up Piplup, but I'd be torn between Torterra and Roserade if I wanted a leaf type on my team.

B

ah right thank you :D

it5five
May 27, 2007, 01:02 AM

B

I might do Roserade, if I can ever get Budew to evolve. I hate the relationship evolution Pokemon.

Dagless
May 27, 2007, 08:52 AM
I'm up to the 2nd Elite Four trainer now. Much harder than I thought it'd be! My whole team is at lv 60-65 and it's a calculated team so I'll be able to beat any Pokemon going. But. That friggin Quagsire and it's dig, protect, sandstorm and that evasiveness combo is a nightmare! Water+Ground is such a fantastic combination. Fire and Electric attacks are just rubbish to it.

sb58
May 27, 2007, 12:15 PM
i hate those dang trees... i put honey on it, i go back later, it just asks if i want to put more honey on it =/

Tom B.
May 27, 2007, 01:22 PM
I just caught Azelf and Uxie very easily, but I haven't really chased after Mespirit yet. I'm on my way up Stark Mountain now.
I forgot to look for the Pal Park, but anyway, does anyone know if UK GBA games will connect with a US DS Game? (EDIT: Just found an IGN Pal Park FAQ (http://uk.faqs.ign.com/articles/784/784637p1.html), and as long as both games have the same language, it will work, so for example, UK + US = OK, US + Japan = Not OK)

I'm up to the 2nd Elite Four trainer now. Much harder than I thought it'd be! My whole team is at lv 60-65 and it's a calculated team so I'll be able to beat any Pokemon going. But. That friggin Quagsire and it's dig, protect, sandstorm and that evasiveness combo is a nightmare! Water+Ground is such a fantastic combination. Fire and Electric attacks are just rubbish to it.

I beat it with a single Surf from a level 53 Empoleon, but it was a critical hit. If you have a strong Grass Pokemon, you should easily beat it.

Dagless
May 27, 2007, 02:10 PM
So I beat the Elite 4. That was a tough game :eek: So glad I stocked up on healers and junk just before. I love the moment when you beat the Elite 4 and you're presented with so many more new things. The games just expand.

sb58
May 27, 2007, 02:23 PM
can anyone tell me what to do about these dang trees? how long before a pokemon should show up?
btw jimmi, you ready to trade me that egg? :P

it5five
May 27, 2007, 03:31 PM
You have to wait ~24 hours for the pokemon to show up in the honey tree. Don't reset the time on the DS either, because the game knows you did and makes you wait 12 hours for any time based events if you change the time.

balamw
May 27, 2007, 04:24 PM
You have to wait ~24 hours for the pokemon to show up in the honey tree. Don't reset the time on the DS either, because the game knows you did and makes you wait 12 hours for any time based events if you change the time.

Yeah, I found what worked well was coming back overnight but not quite 24 hours later. Too much later and it is gone, so slather trees where you intend to be the next day.

B

it5five
May 27, 2007, 04:38 PM
Yeah, I found what worked well was coming back overnight but not quite 24 hours later. Too much later and it is gone, so slather trees where you intend to be the next day.

B

Yeah, I had read 24 hours, but I just usually did it earlier in the evening then checked it when I woke up in the morning and they were all there.

sb58
May 27, 2007, 06:55 PM
so do i just leave my DS on all night? :P

balamw
May 27, 2007, 08:14 PM
so do i just leave my DS on all night? :P

No, just slather Honey on in the evening and check the same trees in the AM or any time the next day.

B

sb58
May 27, 2007, 08:31 PM
oh ok. :D

Dagless
May 27, 2007, 08:36 PM
It's a bank holiday here tomorrow, so chances are I'll be working on my projects so I'll be able to trade them eggs across! If you see me online just send me a quick PM and I'll jump on the Wifi :)

gco212
May 27, 2007, 10:44 PM
Jimmi,

I just started the game and would love to start with all three starters if you wouldn't mind sending them to me. It sounds as though your able to copy them somehow, and it would be really nice to start with all three and build them up nicely. If you wouldn't mind, could you send me the other two. I started with Turtwig, so if you could send me Chimpchar and Pilpup I would really appreciate it.

Also, to everyone, I got Pearl for the express reason that most people probably got Diamond and thus aren't able to get the Pearl pokemon, so if anyone needs any of the pokemon from Pearl and I have them (unlikely as I've just started, but as I play obviously get more) I'll be more than happy to give them to you.

sb58
May 28, 2007, 10:04 AM
even Palkia? :P

applekid
May 28, 2007, 11:34 AM
Oh, VGCats, you sum up my feelings about Pokemon so well:

http://vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=235

I haven't played Pokemon in over a week, and I am in no hurry to continue. One of the worse DS games in my collection.

Dagless
May 28, 2007, 12:05 PM
^ not funny, but very true. Where Mario Kart DS feels like a "best of" and plays well, Diamond and Pearl are "best ofs" but feeling a little recycled now. If the next proper Pokemon game isn't vastly different I'll eat my hat, or at least try, post it on YouTube and become a star.

Still enjoying it. One of the more addictive RPG's I've played since Tales of Symphonia.

FleurDuMal
May 29, 2007, 03:48 AM
Pokemon arrived by DHL this morning! :D

I feel like a 12 year old again...getting beaten up for my Pokemon cards :(

balamw
May 29, 2007, 08:57 AM
If the next proper Pokemon game isn't vastly different I'll eat my hat, or at least try, post it on YouTube and become a star.

While I find classic Pokemon quite fun, I actually prefer the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (Red/Blue Rescue Team) games and would expect that the next Pokemon games will be sequels to that and/or Pokemon Ranger which are both quite different, yet remain "familiar".

FWIW tooling around yesterday evening I caught Giratina (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giratina), I wasn't even paying much attention in its lair, but couldn't pass it up when it showed up in front of me. :p

B

sb58
May 29, 2007, 03:04 PM
where's Giratina's lair? do you need the National Pokedex?

balamw
May 29, 2007, 03:22 PM
where's Giratina's lair? do you need the National Pokedex?

It's in the woods east of the unown digger's cave in an area called spring path. I presume you do need the National Pokedex since I hadn't seen the path on the town map before then.

B

sb58
May 29, 2007, 03:29 PM
dang... even more reason to find a Wormadam :P

is there a reason there seems to be a path on the town map next to the elite four? its a lightning shaped pathway...

balamw
May 29, 2007, 07:28 PM
dang... even more reason to find a Wormadam :P

is there a reason there seems to be a path on the town map next to the elite four? its a lightning shaped pathway...

You can get there from a previously blocked off section of Victory Road after you beat the Elite Four and/or get your National Pokedex.

Not a whole lot out there, but there are some wild pokemon that don't seem to exist elsewhere in the game. I picked up a lv 54 Chatot last night out there. Apparently there's an "event" that will further extend the path leading to another rare Pokemon.

B

Tom B.
May 30, 2007, 07:40 PM
In the last 3 hours I caught:
Uxie (2 dusk balls)
Mespirit (1 master ball)
Azelf (5 dusk balls)
Rotom (3 dusk balls)
Rayquaza (~25 ultra balls) *
Groudon (1 ultra ball) *
Kyogre (3 ultra balls) *
*from Pokemon Emerald
Also, i managed to obtain Rhperior and Magnezone.

:D

balamw
May 30, 2007, 11:58 PM
Rayquaza (~25 ultra balls)
Groudon (1 ultra ball)
Kyogre (3 ultra balls)

Where are they hiding? Thought they needed to come in from their respective games?!?

B

Tom B.
May 31, 2007, 06:25 AM
Where are they hiding? Thought they needed to come in from their respective games?!?

B

Oh sorry, i should of made it clear, I caught them in Pokemon Emerald. :o

Dagless
May 31, 2007, 09:27 AM
Heatran, Rotom and Giratina are miiiiine :D

Tom B.
Jun 3, 2007, 11:56 AM
Heatran, Rotom and Giratina are miiiiine :D

Me too! :D

Does that mean I have all the Legendaries (Uxie, Mespirit, Azelf, Dialga, Palkia, Heatran, Giratina) that don't require Nintendo Events or an Action Replay?

EDIT: I forgot about Cresseilia, but I've now caught it with a Master Ball from Fire Red.

Dagless
Jun 3, 2007, 01:17 PM
Giratina is a bit scary :o I was half asleep one night and started wondering about cross dimensions plotlines to use in my own game, then Giratina popped into my head and I started to really visualise it stood infront of me. It was a bit spooky :D

I'm borrowing Caroline's Regis so I can get that Regigigas. I activated and caught the event Pokemon :o sorry guys :o

it5five
Jun 11, 2007, 01:55 PM
I've been so frustrated trying to pass the 5th gym (the ghost one). I can beat the junior trainers with no problem, but when I get to the gym leader I get absolutely destroyed.

I guess that is what I get for not leveling any Pokemon that know Dark moves.

Gavin117
Jun 25, 2007, 11:48 PM
im makeing a little group name gavin code 442485129794
my email is gavin117@q.com please join

PKMN USER $4
Jul 2, 2007, 10:48 PM
I'm trading lvl 1 Piplups for any of the other starting pokemon. (Older games too, Bulbarsaur, Totidile, ect.) They all know Brine (water) and Hydro Pump (Water). Send me an e-mail at dmnc@mac.com to request a trade or if you want Surf (water) also on Piplup.

P.S. I have only have boys to this point, if you'd like a girl, e-mail me, and I can get you one.
P.S.S. I also have blue Shellos'. Giving away with Piplups!

PKMN USER $4
Jul 3, 2007, 08:46 AM
hi

PKMN USER $4
Jul 3, 2007, 12:49 PM
i

Dagless
Jul 3, 2007, 02:00 PM
Less of the spam.