PDA

View Full Version : Anyone actually use screen protectors for their cameras?

GoGoSamGo
Apr 23, 2007, 03:34 AM
I always try and keep my stuff clean and safe as possibly, so I was thinking of investing in one as soon as my camera comes in. My only question was, for those that know, does it add a glare to the screen when outside or does it overal just make it less clear to view the screen? Thank you

Abstract
Apr 23, 2007, 05:52 AM
I use one. I don't want it to get scratched up.

I don't know if it makes a difference to the viewing quality, but I'm assuming it does. I haven't used the screen without a protector for a long, long time.

beavo451
Apr 23, 2007, 06:08 AM
I always use the plastic cover that came with my Nikon cameras. Looking at their condition, I am glad that I use them. They have taken a few mild impacts as well.

ahuyevshi
Apr 23, 2007, 07:12 AM
I have a 5D and this is my 4th DSLR, and I have never successfully used screen protectors... Maybe I have just been buying the wrong ones, but every time I use one of the film protectors, it annoys me after only a few days.

Grimace
Apr 23, 2007, 07:52 AM
I use a delkin screen protector, but not always with the shade on. Having the extra protection on the back for buttons and screen is a plus, at least for me.

http://www.delkin.com/images/popupshades_pro.jpg

Piarco
Apr 23, 2007, 09:46 AM
I've only ever taken the bundled Nikon screen protector off to remove some flecks of dust on my D70s. Its a great protector and doesn't harm use, so there's no way I'd take it off...

pdpfilms
Apr 23, 2007, 10:12 AM
I used the supplied Nikon screen protectors for my D70, but it was regularly falling off and took quite a beating itself. I've now got an InvisibleShield on my D2x (Have had it there for almost 2 years), and it's spotless. Works better than I could've imagined.

SWC
Apr 23, 2007, 07:00 PM
I use the invisible shield. It does distort the display a tiny bit but I only use it for double checking general quality of my pic I don't use it for any hardcore monitoring or anything.

Westside guy
Apr 23, 2007, 09:24 PM
I always use the plastic cover that came with my Nikon cameras. Looking at their condition, I am glad that I use them. They have taken a few mild impacts as well.

Ditto.

Buschmaster
Apr 24, 2007, 07:47 AM
I don't guard my screen, I guess I maybe should, but at the same time I barely am ever looking at it. I might buy a screen protector this summer because I'll be outside more often, right now my shooting is very unlikely to damage the screen. And hasn't.

Keebler
Apr 24, 2007, 08:21 AM
i guard my screen. in fact, on all my camcorders and both digital cameras. i don't find viewing anything a hindrance. i would highly recommend it. your local camera store will no doubt have a package with a few protectors in it. i carefully measured my screens to ensure i cut as many screens as i could from the least amount of protectors (but that's being somewhat anal retentive :)

Cheers,
Keebler

JeffTL
Apr 24, 2007, 12:01 PM
I've hacked down Fellowes WriteRight screen protectors made for PDAs and put them on my Nikon D50 and iPod. Seems to work pretty well, and I can see just fine, and since they're designed for day-in-day-out stylus impacts, they hold up quite well.