PDA

View Full Version : Another New PowerMac 970 Image?

KershMan
Jun 19, 2003, 07:30 PM
MacDailyNews has a supposed new picture at http://www.macdailynews.com/comments.php?id=P1273_0_1_0 .

Go check it out before it is too late!

[Ed Note: This is a rendering that's been floating around for while.

-arn]

KershMan
Jun 19, 2003, 07:32 PM
By the way, notice the cheese grater look on top that was reported in another thread?

Hoax or a real possibility?

mrjamin
Jun 19, 2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by KershMan
MacDailyNews has a supposed new picture at http://www.macdailynews.com/comments.php?id=P1273_0_1_0 .

Go check it out before it is too late!

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29938

actripxl
Jun 19, 2003, 07:36 PM
Man do I hope this is the real deal, this thing looks amazing. The Aluminum look is super cool, much better then the white(not that it looked bad). Too bad im still in school so a tower is not in my future any time soon, so Im just waiting for the 15 update to sell my iBook.

applemacdude
Jun 19, 2003, 07:40 PM
doesnt match the descriptions

jkojima
Jun 19, 2003, 07:42 PM
I agree with the corresponding article's assessment that it could be a prototype box. Apple's industrial design studio is famed for it's creative prototypes - there was even a book published of units that never made it to production.

I would probably place my money on this being a current or recently passed-over prototype. It sort of looks like Apple design from 2 years ago, not Apple today.

That, or it could be a well excecuted 3D fake.

As an aside, I rather do like the design. Sort of a Cube meets QuickSilver idea. Compared with the recent "hoax", it's sleeker. But then, I really really liked the "hoax" design - contrary to popular opinion.

Dont Hurt Me
Jun 19, 2003, 07:43 PM
if you have listen to the rumors this machine fits, cheese grate grill,slotted optical drive at top, handles still there but less intrusive,blends with current and maybe future displays,longer narrower board, colors match,apple styling, i think this is it. now how will it perform and can it run UT2003 without stuttering???my 800 powermac can not even with its 1 gig mem and geforce3. Now what kind of video card is in this thing??? this is a beautiful concept and would go with what apple has done. Dam it if this is it my wife Has to let me get one.

mnkeybsness
Jun 19, 2003, 07:50 PM
if apple puts out a powermac with only a one optical drive capability i'm going to dookie in my pants.

Vlade
Jun 19, 2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by mnkeybsness
if apple puts out a powermac with only a one optical drive capability i'm going to dookie in my pants.

I love apple, but for every giant cool thing they do there is one small pet peeve they refuse to fix...

ouketii
Jun 19, 2003, 09:12 PM
hmm, yeah, fake. it's a guy on another board's rendition. can't remember where. nice, tho..

Abstract
Jun 19, 2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by mnkeybsness

I'd say it looks like a garbage can and that it's missing another spot for a 2nd optical drive, but there was already a misunderstanding about the joke. :o It's a brilliant design. Its a fake, but I sure hope Apple can come up with something that's THIS beautiful.

Is the picture shown here a vertically stretched version of the picture of the other thread? They're the same picture, but this one seems taller. :confused:

And won't dust collect in the cheese grater?

jimthorn
Jun 19, 2003, 09:44 PM
Uh... no. There's no way that's it.