Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Trogloxene

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2007
I live in Arizona and all the bees here are Killer Bees. I had a swarm attack me last year that ended in some broken bones. The killer bees are bad for the endemic species that are not hive bees. So maybe this is a good thing. :confused:

-T

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
I live in Arizona and all the bees here are Killer Bees. I had a swarm attack me last year that ended in some broken bones. The killer bees are bad for the endemic species that are not hive bees. So maybe this is a good thing. :confused:

-T

You mean Killer Bees are real??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

I thought they were just a figment of a bad '70's B movie. :eek: :eek: :p

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
In news released today from a couple of guys I know, the die-off in the US is being blamed on either a parasitic fungus or a virus, the same thing suspected in the European/Asian die-off.

Linky

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
You mean Killer Bees are real??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

I thought they were just a figment of a bad '70's B movie. :eek: :eek: :p

definitly real. they will chase you for up to like 2 miles in a jeep. talk about mean lil suckers.

i have seen some discovary shows were they attack people and within seconds they are tons of bees on the person. all their stings can kill you if you arent taken to a hospital soon

that and i know they take over hive bees since they are so aggressive

Airforce

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2006
all their stings can kill you if you arent taken to a hospital soon

They actually have less venom in their stings than your average honey bee, so it would take hundreds of stings in all the wrong places to kill you.

n-abounds

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2006
They actually have less venom in their stings than your average honey bee, so it would take hundreds of stings in all the wrong places to kill you.

But they are so aggressive that they will sting your hundreds of times...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.