PDA

View Full Version : F@H: Countdown to #1




Rower_CPU
Jun 21, 2003, 12:40 PM
#1 Mac team, that is...

According to ExtremeOCing (folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_overview.php?TeamID=3446), we will pass Team Mac OS X around 3 PM tomorrow (June 22).

Great job, everyone, in accomplishing this long-term goal so quickly. :D



Vlade
Jun 21, 2003, 01:32 PM
Sweet!, maybe some will join us to stay in the number 1 team :)

bertinman
Jun 21, 2003, 05:15 PM
being #1 and more members would be nice :)

-bert

jimthorn
Jun 21, 2003, 10:22 PM
Team Mac OS X is already gearing up to challenge us. See this thread (http://noahj.homeunix.com/cgi-bin/IB/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=1;t=27) on their site (http://www.teammacosx.org).

Mr. Anderson
Jun 21, 2003, 10:25 PM
Hopefully we can keep the production up over the whole summer and have enough to keep us ahead the rest of the year.

And who know how the new 970s will change the rankings ;)

D

Vlade
Jun 21, 2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson

And who know how the new 970s will change the rankings ;)

D

Im sure they will, at least my personal ranking :)

MrMacMan
Jun 21, 2003, 10:40 PM
Time to have a little 'fun' at their forums.

Lets clear some air of confusion.

pEZ
Jun 22, 2003, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by MrMacman
Time to have a little 'fun' at their forums.

Lets clear some air of confusion.

Thanks, MrMacMan, that definitely needed to be said. As far as ANY of us know, nobody from MacAddict has changed teams - and even though a Mac superteam would be awesome, IMO, I get the vibe from that post that nobody from Team MacOSX will do it. Kinda sucks.

MrMacMan
Jun 22, 2003, 01:06 AM
Yeah well I thought something had to be said, so why not.

Rower_CPU
Jun 22, 2003, 09:11 PM
And there it is...
http://folding.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/searchteamstats

Congrats team! I think it's a great accomplishment, getting to #1. It's going in my sig. :D

Mr. Anderson
Jun 22, 2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
And there it is...
http://folding.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/searchteamstats

Congrats team! I think it's a great accomplishment, getting to number 1. It's going in my sig. :D

Woohoo! Way to go - maybe we should standardize the sig - make it more noticeable....I'll change mine too :D

D

Rower_CPU
Jun 22, 2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
Woohoo! Way to go - maybe we should standardize the sig - make it more noticeable....I'll change mine too :D

D

Good idea on the standard sig...let's bang one out.

Mine is:
Join MacRumors.com - Team Folding, and be a part of the #1 Mac Folding team!

Could be better, though...

jimthorn
Jun 22, 2003, 09:18 PM
:D Wooooo! I just checked the team stats and saw it too! We moved up another position and we're the top Mac team! I'll modify my sig too.

Mr. Anderson
Jun 22, 2003, 09:21 PM
Make a difference and be part of the #1 Mac Folding team!

MacRumors Team Folding - The #1 Producing Apple Team

Do You Fold? #1 Apple Team ---> MacRumors Team

Ok, my creativity is shot tonight - maybe tomorrow I'll have something catchier....

D

Rower_CPU
Jun 22, 2003, 09:26 PM
I like the first one, D...I'll chew on it for a while...

jimthorn
Jun 22, 2003, 09:32 PM
Hey, I just had an idea. I know it's a big news week, what with WWDC tomorrow and all, but maybe an article can be posted on the MacRumors front page that we're the top Mac team now. I mean, that is news, right?

Rower_CPU
Jun 22, 2003, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by jimthorn
Hey, I just had an idea. I know it's a big news week, what with WWDC tomorrow and all, but maybe an article can be posted on the MacRumors front page that we're the top Mac team now. I mean, that is news, right?

Way ahead of you. ;)

I talked to arn about it last night. He's going to do an article on Tues/Weds once the WWDC news has had a chance to die down. :)

jimthorn
Jun 22, 2003, 09:36 PM
Cool. That should generate some more excitement about folding and help boost us even more.

Rower_CPU
Jun 22, 2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by jimthorn
Cool. That should generate some more excitement about folding and help boost us even more.

That's the idea. We've got a shot at the top 20 if we can break through the 50k/week barrier. :eek: :D

Advertising on the front page would really help bring in some fresh blood.

pEZ
Jun 22, 2003, 10:12 PM
Front billing is ALL we need. Sounds like a plan.

.....changing the sig.....

Rower_CPU
Jun 24, 2003, 11:53 AM
New thread for sig discussion (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30414).