PDA

View Full Version : Halo- LAN game, Mac vs PC

Mr_Brightside_@
May 1, 2007, 03:38 PM
hey, after trying to no avail today to get this to work; how does one Create a LAN game btwn a Mac and a PC? We tried the Ethernet cable, and they didn't see one another; a computer to computer network saw each other, but a connection error happened whenever we joined the other's game.. help please?

TDM21
May 1, 2007, 10:15 PM
Are you running the latest updates for Halo on both the PC and Mac?
The lastest PC patch is v1.07: http://files.filefront.com/Halo+Combat+Evolved+Win32+v107+Patch/;3860152;/fileinfo.html
Depending on which verison of Halo for Mac you have, you will either need the PPC (1.5.2) or UB (2.0.1) update: http://www.destineerstudios.com/support/halo.html

You may also want to try turning off the firewalls of both systems and see if it helps any.

Ringo
May 1, 2007, 11:09 PM
Wheren't those two version incompatible? gonna check that and get back to you.

Edit: well there are suppose to work...
Edit2 : Just did a quick google and nothing worthy showed off, the only thing that might be wrong is what TDM21 stated, your version of halo are probably different be sure both of you got the same.It could also be a network problem, but since you two saw each other computer I do not think it's the problem. Good luck!

Church
May 2, 2007, 12:21 AM
I don't know about you, but when I tried to LAN with halo, some people had the same cd keys by coincidence, *cough*, so that's why it wouldn't work. Make sure everyone has a legit copy! ;)

zeedee-h
May 2, 2007, 05:46 AM
both on port 2302?

Mr_Brightside_@
May 2, 2007, 06:49 AM
I don't know about you, but when I tried to LAN with halo, some people had the same cd keys by coincidence, *cough*, so that's why it wouldn't work. Make sure everyone has a legit copy! ;)

both on port 2302?
Church- they're PC and mac versions (demos, ie, free)- wouldn't that be impossbile anyway?
zeedee- yes, afaik
cheers people, any other help appreciated too!

Ringo
May 2, 2007, 08:01 AM
(demos, ie, free)

Oh, then it's the problem i guess, since demos are rarely of the same version for mac and pc. Your out of luck i guess... :(

Church
May 2, 2007, 10:59 AM
Sorry, thought it was the full version. Yeah, the demo is probably more stripped down than we think.

Mr_Brightside_@
May 2, 2007, 04:13 PM
Sorry, thought it was the full version. Yeah, the demo is probably more stripped down than we think.
NARRRRRR :(