PDA

View Full Version : When playing Diablo II...

Captain Planet
May 8, 2007, 07:03 AM
Do you guys put it on Expert Mode? I don't mean the difficulty but the video settings. I've tried it but it was like I was playing in windowed mode, but with a black screen in the back...

Captain Planet
May 8, 2007, 09:07 AM
Another "dumb" question...when the game is on, is there a way I can go to the Desktop but without shutting it down? Like Tab+Alt or something...I've tried a few different things but it doesn't do anything.

yippy
May 8, 2007, 09:20 AM
I do use expert video mode. I haven't played in a while but I think you have to set the game resolution and your monitor resolution the manually to be the same, then it fills up the whole screen.

To get to the desktop try [Apple] + [Tab]. If that doesn't work then [Apple] + m will switch you to and from windowed mode so that you can get to the desktop.

Captain Planet
May 8, 2007, 10:00 AM
Tab+Apple doesn't work...and I thought I tried to put it in windowed mode also, but I'll check again.

Well, the windowed mode works, so thanks for that. Oh and for windowed mode, if I use Expert Mode, which setting would look best? Don't know if anyone has ever tried that...or know what I'm trying to say.

chunkstyle
May 8, 2007, 11:38 AM
From what I recall, cmd-M will minimize Diablo II from full screen mode.

It's been awhile, so I'm not sure what you mean by expert mode. When playing a TCP/IP multiplayer game solo, you can enter 'players x' in the chat dialog with x being a number up to 8, and you will get more monsters and such (more fodder for the putative extra players). Or do you mean hardcore, whereby you're character dies permanently if killed?

Hope some of this helps

Captain Planet
May 8, 2007, 11:57 AM
No no, it has nothing to do with the gameplay...it's when you click on Diablo and there's this window the pops up before the game starts. It's for the video settings. And there's an option called Expert Mode, and you can choose whichever dimension for more quality or whatever. Anyways, it's not really important.