PDA

View Full Version : Just Created A PO....for 40 Dell Laptops

TomA
Jun 23, 2003, 03:31 PM
Order goes out later this week. We had to order before the end of June and Apple hasn't come through with a decent 15" laptop.

I still use a Mac, but all of our presentation computers are going Windows for the foreseeable future...since I doubt we will have funding for additional laptops for the 2003-2004 fiscal year.

Sorry guys, we couldn't wait any longer. Why they couldn't put the 15 in a decent case, I'll never understand.

Skandranon
Jun 23, 2003, 04:11 PM
Sucks to be you.

jxyama
Jun 23, 2003, 04:19 PM
bummer... but if your needs could be satisfied by either PC or Mac and none of 15 Ti or 12/17 Al were adaquate, you have to do what you have to do...

as a mac fan, didn't like seeing that much $$$ going to dell, but i applaude the decision to purchase the machine when needed instead of waiting around, saying "but if i wait a bit longer something better will come out!"

(something better is always coming out! :D)

solvs
Jun 23, 2003, 04:35 PM
In other words: good for you. Nobody cares.

TomA
Jun 23, 2003, 04:36 PM
Unfortunately, we had to spend the money by June 30. (Actually, we just had to commit the money by June 30--i.e. the items had to be orderable by June 30.)

as a mac fan, didn't like seeing that much $$$ going to dell

Yea, me too. But it gets worse. That was an order that came in from ONE location. I expect more to come in this week--wait 'till I get the one from DC...

Flowbee
Jun 23, 2003, 04:48 PM
What a pointless, stupid thread. Give yourself a pat on the back, Tom. :rolleyes:

mnkeybsness
Jun 23, 2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by solvs
In other words: good for you. Nobody cares.

ditto