PDA

View Full Version : Can RM files convert to MPG or MOV???

teabgs
Mar 17, 2002, 06:27 PM
I HATE real player. I like tv shows that are RM files online. If I download them can I then convert them to either MPG or MOV? If so what should I use for OS9?

Thanx

Beej
Mar 17, 2002, 08:24 PM
Nothing I now of will do what you're asking. But there probably is some verly long and extremely complicated way to do it...

Choppaface
Mar 18, 2002, 12:40 AM
yes there's a screen capture app for PCs that will record at fast enough framerate and will supposedly also record the soundtrack...there's probably an expensive mac equivalent (the pc app is free) but yes its complicated and it crashes a lot. not worth it unless you're *really* itching to convert stuff

atodd
Mar 18, 2002, 03:18 AM
It's called Snapz Pro. I recorded some LOTR clips (streaming) with that. Audio only works in OS 9 though (and in Classic).

Beej
Mar 18, 2002, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by atodd
It's called Snapz Pro. I recorded some LOTR clips (streaming) with that. Audio only works in OS 9 though (and in Classic). Really? My Quicksilver came with Snapz Pro x installed... it's nowhere near fast enough to record video. I get about 3 fps!

teabgs
Mar 18, 2002, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by atodd
It's called Snapz Pro. I recorded some LOTR clips (streaming) with that. Audio only works in OS 9 though (and in Classic).

is it free and easy to use?

Taft
Mar 18, 2002, 11:28 AM
Discreet Software's Cleaner can convert files from just about any format to just about any format.

Only problem is that it costs an arm and a leg. $599 to be exact. Ouch.

Matthew

Hemingray
Mar 18, 2002, 11:34 AM
No, Snapz Pro isn't free, although it does have a full-feature trial period. If you want my opinion, capture the streaming video & audio in OS 9 using the classic version of Snapz Pro. Don't try it in OS X (Snapz Pro X), you'll get a totally unacceptable framerate.

evildead
Mar 18, 2002, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by mrtrumbe
Discreet Software's Cleaner can convert files from just about any format to just about any format.

Only problem is that it costs an arm and a leg. $599 to be exact. Ouch.

Matthew

Is that the same as Cleaner 5.0??

Just wondering.

Its kinda funny... I was trying to convert realPlayer movies over to Quick time my self last night. I want to take all of the First 5 seasons of SouthPark and make VCD's out of them... but... I guess I need some more stuff to do it with..