PDA

View Full Version : did you order a G5? your shipping date has changed

sickracer2015
Jun 24, 2003, 09:02 AM
if an order has been placed for a G5 the shipping date has changed from august to on or before 9/02/03, typical of apple.. it will probably change another 3 times

Laslo Panaflex
Jun 24, 2003, 09:27 AM
Yeah I noticed that as well, but I figured this much.

Foxer
Jun 24, 2003, 09:36 AM
No good S.O.B.'s. I knew they'd do this shipping date slippage, but I didn't know it start they DAY AFTER.

Mr. Anderson
Jun 24, 2003, 09:42 AM
Ha, anyone remember the original G4 fiasco? I got caught in that - they promised something they could deliver, cancelled all outstanding orders, upped the price and told us all to re-order. I ended up waiting months for my 450 MHz G4.....

I'm not getting a G5 until they're available in the stores. It will save me a lot of anticipation - anguish to see the date keep moving farther into September.....

D

e-coli
Jun 24, 2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Foxer
Liberals are either liars, stupid or willfully ignorant.

That's quite the polarizing sig you've got there. I personally find it to be extremely tasteless. Not to mention ironic. :rolleyes:

Laslo Panaflex
Jun 24, 2003, 09:46 AM
Well, which system did you guys get? I bought a dual 2gig with no added features, I am going to by everything else like ram and another hard drive not from apple, they charge way too much for ram yikes. You can get double the ammount of ram for the same price at crucial, but that's a different thread sorry. . .

Foxer
Jun 24, 2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by e-coli
That's quite the polarizing sig you've got there. I personally find it to be extremely tasteless. Not to mention ironic. :rolleyes:

Almsot makes me sorry I changed it. It was no less polarizing and ironic than many of the others I've seen here.

yzedf
Jun 24, 2003, 11:08 AM
New machines will ship with 10.3 (unless I am sadly mistaken). We have "known" 10.3 was not to ship (for non-developer types) until September.

1 + 1 = 2

chicagdan
Jun 24, 2003, 11:14 AM
No good S.O.B.'s. I knew they'd do this shipping date slippage, but I didn't know it start they DAY AFTER.

I was at the Woodfield Mall (IL) Apple Store for the keynote yesterday and right after the speech, a store employee read an e-mail from corp. HQ saying the G5s would start shipping in September. So actually, the slippage began mere minutes after Jobs' speech.

It's quite possible that Jobs' speech was simply wrong ... or if he's speaking without notes, he might have just said it wrong. I write speeches for a living ... it happens pretty often, especially when chief execs go off the script.

Foxer
Jun 24, 2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by chicagdan
I was at the Woodfield Mall (IL) Apple Store for the keynote yesterday and right after the speech, a store employee read an e-mail from corp. HQ saying the G5s would start shipping in September. So actually, the slippage began mere minutes after Jobs' speech.

But the web site DID say August when I ordered...

I was at the Woodfield store yesterday, too. But I bugged out as soon as Jobs finished, my lunch break had already gone on too long. I saw the employees circualting those e-mails, but i wasn't there for the announcement.