PDA

View Full Version : New Pro Mouse & Keyboard coming?

iN8
Jun 24, 2003, 11:08 AM
I was looking for them and can't find them on Apple's website. They must not have been ready for the show, because i can't see them shipping G5's with the same Apple Keyboard and Mouse shipping with the eMac.

dynamicd
Jun 24, 2003, 12:06 PM
Maybe they'll introduce one at Macworld but only as an option, not as standard. But I don't think they'll even do that. It'd be nice but maybe they'll do something about that next year.

AppleMatt
Jun 24, 2003, 12:41 PM
You can't really tell, but if you look at the exposť video on the Mac OS X preview site, the keyboard keys look different. However the specs page says it ships with an Apple Pro Keyboard.

AppleMatt

Chomolungma
Jun 24, 2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by AppleMatt
You can't really tell, but if you look at the exposť video on the Mac OS X preview site, the keyboard keys look different. However the specs page says it ships with an Apple Pro Keyboard.

AppleMatt

They will have to at least modify the current keyboard/mouse for USB 2.0. I just check the ports diagram @ apple.com and no USB 1.1.

LimeLite
Jun 24, 2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Chomolungma
They will have to at least modify the current keyboard/mouse for USB 2.0. I just check the ports diagram @ apple.com and no USB 1.1.
They should, but they don't *have* to. 2.0 is backwards compatible. Plug a 1.x keyboard into a 2.0 port and it will work fine. And then there you have two USB 1.x ports on the keybord itself. It would be pretty lame though, for them to have 2.0 bulit on and waste one with a 1.x keyboard. I connect my keyboard through the USB port on my display though, personally.

robbybogers
Jun 24, 2003, 01:11 PM
um USB 1.1 is backwards compatible with USB 2.0 and if you read the specs. it says USB 1.1 on the keyboard

Chomolungma
Jun 24, 2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by robbybogers
um USB 1.1 is backwards compatible with USB 2.0 and if you read the specs. it says USB 1.1 on the keyboard

illumin8
Jun 24, 2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Chomolungma
No they don't, USB is backwards compatible.

machan
Jun 25, 2003, 03:41 PM
i'd like it if they changed the keyboard to aluminum like on the newer powerbooks. that stuff feels SO NICE to type on. also, i hate the white keyboards and mice a whole lot and hope they dump that ugliness. (personally, i love the black keys and mice, too, but the aluminum would be the best).

Gymnut
Jun 25, 2003, 03:47 PM
I hope Apple releases a bluetooth keyboard. A shame M$ beat them to it first despite Macs being the first to support bluetooth.

donigian
Jun 30, 2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by robbybogers

USB 2.0 is backwards compatible with USB 1.1. Compatibility goes backwards, not forwards.