PDA

View Full Version : New Nano format says Windows. Change to Mac?

zagato27
May 13, 2007, 08:36 AM
Just bought a Nano 2gb for my wife for Mother's day. We were going through the menus and checking things out and found that it says formatted for Windows. She'll be connecting it to her iBook. Do we need to do anything regarding formatting? Also, I think that there is a newer os for the Nano. How do we update? Sorry these questions are probably really "stooooopid" but it's our first iPod. Thanks in advance:)

Mac-Addict
May 13, 2007, 08:40 AM
When you connect it to a Mac is will reformat it, And it depends when it was built if theres and update. The update won't do anything you can see it just fixes bugs.

Edit: Sorry I meant it will work with the mac but if its reset on a mac it will have to be reformatted and wont work on a windows machine. Yeah I got muddled xD

zagato27
May 13, 2007, 08:45 AM
When you connect it to a Mac is will reformat it, And it depends when it was built if theres and update. The update won't do anything you can see it just fixes bugs.

Whew!(wipes very wet brow) Thought I was going to have to take it back to the store for a "Mac" version. The best thing, my wife actually likes it....priceless:D ! Interesting, my daughter has a Mini and we were comparing it. The Mini is absolutely HUGE but it does the job and has been "tortured" for a couple of years and keeps on ticking.

Thanks again:) Cheers

Eraserhead
May 13, 2007, 09:09 AM
It should just work with the Mac without reformatting.

zagato27
May 13, 2007, 01:24 PM
Well, my wife hooked up the Nano to her iBook and everything worked. "If Momma ain't happy, nobody's happy". In this case she's happy. Thanks guys:)