PDA

View Full Version : Powerbook 3400c Help

GPTurismo
Mar 18, 2002, 02:29 PM
My IT department was throwing old computers and components away when I noticed an old powerbook. I looked at it a bit, and asked them if they were going to get rid of it.

"Yes" they said. So I bugged them for a bit and took it to my cubicle and fired it up.

It works great. 240 603ev, battery still works, screen is in good condition, 3 gig HDD.

Here are the problems. Power Supply, Ram, and CD Rom Module. Does anyone know where I can find a CDROM, Power Supply, and Ram for it that is inexpensive? I checked ebay and I can't find a CDROM, and a 128 chip of ram for it. Any other stores that might have it? Smalldog has a powersupply and I might purchase that. Any other suggestions?

IndyGopher
Mar 18, 2002, 03:01 PM
I have all of those items... If you are still looking for them, send me a private message on here with your email address and I will get back to you with prices.

Other than that, see if there isn't a used computer store in your area... or a local Mac Users Group.

GPTurismo
Mar 18, 2002, 07:04 PM
Let me update. There are quite few dead pixels in the LCD on the left side of the screen.

How much would a screen cost? LOL.

Beej
Mar 18, 2002, 07:30 PM
I have a 3400c/180 sitting around that I am going to sell one day. Perhaps you could just buy mine and create a frankenmac.

Mine works fine, but the mouse button is broken and won't click. The screen also flickers a bit when it dims, but that's not an issue - just don't set it to dim!

Yeah - so you could have a 3400c/240 with a screen that works, a floppy drive, a CD drive, a power supply (from a Wallstreet, so it's smaller than the old 3400 supply), an extra battery, and a mouse that works.

You'd be set! Only thing is I'm not sure how much RAM is in it, I think there's a 32 and a 64...