Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ColoJohnBoy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 10, 2003
Denver, Colorado
Just plugged in my 2G iPod nano and was asked to download Software Update 1.1.3. Googled to find information on the update, and searched the forums, but came up empty-handed. Am I behind the curve on this, or is this a brand new update?

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Nah... it's a week old, or so...

I think it was mentioned deep in one of the Nike+ threads or something (I didn't find anything with a simple search, either).

Marky_Mark

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2005
UK
Is anyone else having issues with this update? Both my daughters have Nano 2Gs, and both were updated today.

One had the -1413 (maybe -1415? Don't remember exactly) and then a -50 error which needed a reset while still plugged into the computer before the update would take, and both have had issues this afternoon following the update being applied. They both had this problem with the last update too - not sure if that's significant.

After the update, first one froze a couple of hours in as the screen swept across from a menu listing to a chosen track, so the left-hand side of the screen showed a menu and the right-hand side showed the album art and the edge of the track name, and the second played a completely unrelated track to the one shown and album art'ed on the screen. Both required a flick of the hold switch and a reset to fix.

Is it just us, or are others out there with the same problem? I realise the update is a couple of weeks old now, but this is the first time either had been sync'd in a while. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.