PDA

View Full Version : Starcraft 1.15 Brood War on Intel Mac

SharkySharky
May 21, 2007, 05:13 PM
I searched around for a definite answer and I am sorry if there was one, but I am curious if SC BW 1.15 will run on an Intel Mac. Thank you for any help.

I have 15.4" MPB 2.33ghz 2 GB RAM

Thank you

SamIchi
May 21, 2007, 05:22 PM
yes

SharkySharky
May 21, 2007, 05:25 PM
thank you! I haven't played this game for years! I need to go buy it again actually! And all this Starcraft 2 info made me want to go play the first one through again! haha!

Lixivial
May 21, 2007, 05:27 PM
Just wanted to say that this and more are rated on the MacRumors Guides (link (http://guides.macrumors.com/Universal_Binary_Games)) and while BW is not specifically mentioned, it is implied due to Starcraft itself being listed.

It runs quite well. :)

SharkySharky
May 21, 2007, 06:03 PM
Cool. Yeah as you can see these are my first posts here. Pretty new to the forums, but I must say these forums are the best source for information on the web! Thanks for everyone's help!

BioChron
May 21, 2007, 11:23 PM
Both Starcraft games, as well as Warcraft 3 run well on the Intel macs.

jdiddy
May 21, 2007, 11:40 PM
It definitely runs well. I just got playing not more then 5 minutes ago. Only problem with my CD BlackBook is that it makes my fans go crazy.

polyethyleneguy
May 22, 2007, 01:40 AM
I just finished installing BW and the patch, but it won't let me connect to play online with battle.net. I click on "create new account" and it stops with a window saying "downloading license agreement" or something like that. What am I doing wrong? Is anyone else playing Starcraft on battle.net?

Nermal
May 22, 2007, 01:42 AM
What computer and OS are you using?

Xeem
May 22, 2007, 02:05 AM
I just reinstalled starcraft yesterday on my iBook, and I forgot how much I love the game. I'd have to assume that Starcraft would run well on any intel mac; despite Rosetta being used, I mean we are talking about a game whose "recommended" specs were 32 MB RAM and a 120 Mhz processor, which ran decently even on computers inferior to those specs.

polyethyleneguy
May 22, 2007, 12:10 PM
What computer and OS are you using?

I'm using a Mac Pro 2.66 running OS 10.4.9. I'm connected to the internet by hardwire to a Netgear router, which is then connected to a cable modem.
Thanks for any help.

Xenious
May 22, 2007, 01:05 PM
Where can I get the hybrid brood war expansion for a decent price? Apparently the one I bought from way back in the day is PC only. I have the original 'craft with the hybrid cd i just want the expansion.

polyethyleneguy
May 22, 2007, 03:31 PM
Where can I get the hybrid brood war expansion for a decent price? Apparently the one I bought from way back in the day is PC only. I have the original 'craft with the hybrid cd i just want the expansion.

That will be hard to find. Walmart sells the whole package (with OSX installer) for about 18-19 bucks. The other option is looking on E-bay.
Bye the way...I still can't seem to get access to Battle.net so I can play this game on-line :( Any help would be most appreciated.
Thanks.

thejadedmonkey
May 26, 2007, 02:08 AM
While we're talking about it..
Why isn't there sound anymore!?!
I updated the patch, and the sound left me. all alone without any sound :(

and I have a computer that game SC a run for its $$$. 80mhz Macintosh running system 8.1. mmmmmm, but it played WC well enough!

Soulstorm
May 26, 2007, 06:11 AM
While we're talking about it..
Why isn't there sound anymore!?!
I updated the patch, and the sound left me. all alone without any sound :(

and I have a computer that game SC a run for its $$$. 80mhz Macintosh running system 8.1. mmmmmm, but it played WC well enough!

warcraft 1 has MUCH less system requirements than starcraft. You can tell that from the visuals.

GarrisonKeillor
May 31, 2007, 09:46 PM
Yeah- 1.15 gives me no sounds on a MacBook, and the campaign freezes up after a few seconds. 1.14 worked fine for me though...

IscariotJ
Jun 1, 2007, 12:43 AM
Yeah- 1.15 gives me no sounds on a MacBook, and the campaign freezes up after a few seconds. 1.14 worked fine for me though...

Odd, I've just done a clean install on a 12" PB, manually patched it to 1.15, and have played through the first few missions, all with sound. I'll have to give a go on my MB....

Jookbox
Jun 1, 2007, 03:13 AM
the whole starcraft 2 thing made me dust off my old warcraft iii discs i bought for my pc years ago. i love that i can use the same discs on my mac. if i can run starcraft 2 at a decent resolution, i'll be happy.