Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asxtb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 1, 2005
Just got FF, and I've been having some fun with it tonight. The FF series were the only non-sports games that I could play that I wouldn't get bored with in 5 minutes. Does anyone know, is FF7 coming out on the PSP? I loved that game and have been wanting to play it again recently. :eek:

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
Does anyone know, is FF7 coming out on the PSP?

hahaha, no.

There's been rumours of VII on PS3 for a while but nothing has come of it yet (other than a tech demo). SE like money too much to remake one of their most popular games.

(You can of course buy the PS1 version and emulate it on your PSP, but that'd be naughty.)

Coded-Dude

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2007
Sacramento, CA
reports are not confirmed(that I know of), but its been hinted at several times.
I'm sure we'll see it on the PlayStation store soon enough though.
But they may just do another remake - same characters/places, different timeline/storyline.

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
same characters/places, different timeline/storyline.

300px-Crisiscore.PNG

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
FF on the PSP- I heard that was a port of Dawn of Souls. Is it? I really liked them on the GBA since I missed out on the NES originals.

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
It's got the dungeons of Dawn of Souls and the FMV of Orgins, but re-done graphics.

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Just got FF, and I've been having some fun with it tonight. The FF series were the only non-sports games that I could play that I wouldn't get bored with in 5 minutes. Does anyone know, is FF7 coming out on the PSP? I loved that game and have been wanting to play it again recently. :eek:

No, but there is a Final Fantasy 7 spin-off. It's called FF7: Crisis Core, and covers the events before and during the game from a different perspective (that of Zack).

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
FF:Tactics would surely be in the bargain bin section of most games now?

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Nope.
The game features an updated version of Final Fantasy Tactics, along with new features including in-game cutscenes, new characters and multiplayer capability. The updated mechanics contain a 16:9 widescreen support, updated graphics, new jobs, and cel-shaded full motion videos. The game is set to appear on the PlayStation Portable. The English version will contain full voice acting during the cinematic cut scenes, whereas the Japanese version does not.[4]

DS gets the sequel and the PSP gets an updated port.

asxtb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 1, 2005
No, but there is a Final Fantasy 7 spin-off. It's called FF7: Crisis Core, and covers the events before and during the game from a different perspective (that of Zack).
Yeah, I know about Crisis Core, but I'm interested in the original FF7. May have to look into CC anyway.

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
I just finished playing FF1 on PSP, and I thought it was pretty great. It's basically the same as the Dawn of Souls version, except it has much nicer graphics.

When screenshots first leaked of the ability to buy PSP games from the PS3 store, FF7 was on the list, but there has been no other indication that FF7 will be released for PSP... I sure hope it will be though.

Crisis Core will of course be for PSP, but it seems more like an action game than a strict RPG.

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
I think it's as likely that SE will sell FF7 for cheap on the PSN as Sony cutting the PS3 price to $249.99 for the holidays.

Coded-Dude

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2007
Sacramento, CA
I'm thinking about driving down to Frisco for the "party"

Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of Square Enix™ interactive entertainment products in North America, announced today that it is holding a special launch party to celebrate the 20th anniversary of FINAL FANTASY®, the global phenomenon that has shipped more than 75 million units worldwide. Held on Tuesday, June 26 at the PlayStation® Store @ Metreon, the event will commemorate 20 years of devotion, dedication and passion from the greatest fans in the gaming industry.

WHEN: June 26, 2007 at 6:00PM
WHERE: PlayStation Store @ Metreon
101 4th St
San Francisco CA 94103
(415) 369-6040

Attendees will have the opportunity to purchase FINAL FANTASY, developed exclusively for the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, and be amongst the first to experience FINAL FANTASY II, also developed exclusively for the PSP system, that will ship to retail outlets on July 24, 2007. Additionally, the first 100 fans in attendance will receive giveaway items that are exclusive to the event. More information can be found at http://na.square-enix.com/ffanniversary/.

Originally released in Japan in 1987, FINAL FANTASY has been hailed by gamers and critics as one of the first RPGs to create a fantasy world that captured the imagination of players around the globe. Each game has brought new worlds and characters together with impressive graphics and storylines that have evolved into a one-of-a-kind series with a massive worldwide following. With unique characters, vast worlds and compelling storylines, the FINAL FANTASY series has generated its own subculture with the release of 30 console, online and handheld games, two CG-animated films and 49 music soundtracks worldwide.

FINAL FANTASY is rated E10+ (Everyone 10 and older) by the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) and will ship to retailers on June 26, 2007. FINAL FANTASY II is rated T (Teen) and will ship to retailers on July 24, 2007. For more information about the ESRB, please visit http://www.esrb.org. The anniversary editions of FINAL FANTASY and FINAL FANTASY II will be available separately at North American retailers for the suggested retail price of $29.99 (USD) each.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.