PDA

View Full Version : Dual Monitors......

MoparShaha
Jun 26, 2003, 10:30 PM
Thinking about getting dual CRT monitors for an extended desktop. Can I put these things right next to each other (so close they're touching), or will there be interference. Both monitors are gonna be the same model, and using aperture grille technology (not shadow mask), if that means anything.

Thanks.

maxvamp
Jun 26, 2003, 11:08 PM
The secret to having minimal interference is to make sure both are set at the same refresh rate. I have two different models and sizes of monitors side by side, and both are set to 100Hz. There is very minimal distortion, nearly impossible to see unless you have a totally nearly black screen. Any difference in the refresh rate, and you will have a horizontal line crawl your screens . ( one up, one down )

Max

One other thing.. If you connect it up to a PM, use both connectors on the AGP card. You will probably need a ADC to VGA adapter.

Max

topicolo
Jun 27, 2003, 12:28 AM
you can also separate the monitors with a piece of cardboard wrapped in tinfoil.

MoparShaha
Jun 27, 2003, 12:33 AM
Thanks a lot. I'm looking forward to getting some screen realestate (stuck at 1024x768 right now :mad: )

tazo
Jun 27, 2003, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by maxvamp
The secret to having minimal interference is to make sure both are set at the same refresh rate. I have two different models and sizes of monitors side by side, and both are set to 100Hz. There is very minimal distortion, nearly impossible to see unless you have a totally nearly black screen. Any difference in the refresh rate, and you will have a horizontal line crawl your screens . ( one up, one down )

Max

One other thing.. If you connect it up to a PM, use both connectors on the AGP card. You will probably need a ADC to VGA adapter.

Max

<----Just used above info to fix dual monitor setup on pc :)