View Full Version : Whose waiting?

Jun 28, 2003, 11:27 AM
Hey...is anyone going to wait for the 3ghz to come out in 12 months.

I am, cause I have a DP G4 1ghz, so I dont really need to upgrade right now cause everything works fine.

So I'm thinking to waiting for a DP 3ghz. or maybe..I can get a DP 2ghz by then..cause it'd be cheaper.

...its just the waiting part i hate.

Jun 28, 2003, 11:37 AM
yeah it looks like im gonna be waiting too.
i cant afford to pick up a new G5 plus a display. so i think im gonna pick up an imac to hold me over until about a year or a bit more then worry about getting somethnign more powerful.

Jun 28, 2003, 01:19 PM
Im waiting for rev 2 g5's, this way all the probs will be worked out and a dualie would definetly be cheaper (plus maybe new displays by then :))

Jun 28, 2003, 02:23 PM
I'll be getting something soon, by the end of the year hopefully. My 400MHz G3 upgrade is really starting to show it's age.

Like others I hesitate with the first revision G5 so I may wait on the PowerMac. If the the next iMac release gets a decent speed bump, I'll probablly get one and pass it on to the kids in a year or so. Then again, I hate to drop a wad of cash on a G4 now that the G5 is here...I'm so confused.... aaahhhh.

Jun 28, 2003, 08:12 PM
a dual g4 or g5 by march and a lcd to complement my 21" sony trinitron which i love and will keep an ipod and isight and digital camera

Jun 28, 2003, 08:32 PM
Duff-Man says....next April or May is my upgrade timeframe. I figure that is probably when the dual 2.5ghz G5's announced at MWSF in January will be shipping......oh yeah!