Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KingDanimus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2003
New York
Hey All,
I have seen advertised a dual 1.42ghz processor system. Why is it that this system is not offered through Apple?

Thanks!

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
You may find that Apple no longer have them in their online store, but you can bet that many retailers, and Apple stores will still have many their itching to get shot of.

KingDanimus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2003
New York
Reason its not being sold

Is there any reason why this processor isnt being offered by the store if it is indeed faster than the 1.25?

KingDanimus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2003
New York
Money

Money is a very big issue for me as is time. I need the machine by mid-August for less than those machines are going for.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Re: Money

Originally posted by KingDanimus
Money is a very big issue for me as is time. I need the machine by mid-August for less than those machines are going for.
That's fair enough, but I thought it was pretty obvious why the G4 PM is no longer there. As I said, if you want a G4 you will probably be best to call up local Apple Store/Resellers, they must have some left.

KingDanimus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2003
New York
G4 is still available.

The G4 is still certainly available on the apple website. My question was pretaining to the faster G4 than the one currently offered. I simply dont have enough money or time for a G5 so its not like I have choice in the matter. However my question was answered in a prior posting.

gopher

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2002
Maryland, USA
Re: Dual 1.42 G4??

Hey All,
I have seen advertised a dual 1.42ghz processor system. Why is it that this system is not offered through Apple?

Thanks!

You can purchase a G5 at Apple's store with no payments until 2004 or 6 months same as cash. Why not go that route?

Anyway, dealers that still have the 1.42 dual processor G4 are listed here:

http://www.macprices.com/

Also mind you, the 1.42 dual processor G4 will never be able to boot into Mac OS 9, while the 1.25 dual processor available at Apple's store now does boot into Mac OS 9. The bluetooth built-in and Firewire 800 capable G4s can't boot into Mac OS 9, and neither can the G5. If you still are relying on Mac OS 9 native applications, find alternative Mac OS X native applications here: http://www.macmaps.com/macosxnative.html

as running Mac OS 9 under X in either Classic, or booting into Mac OS 9 will require you repair permissions while in X to ensure smooth running of Mac OS X applications. If you need to know how to repair permissions, just ask.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Re: G4 is still available.

The G4 is still certainly available on the apple website. My question was pretaining to the faster G4 than the one currently offered. I simply dont have enough money or time for a G5 so its not like I have choice in the matter. However my question was answered in a prior posting.
Oh ok, sorry m8, I couldn't even see the G4 PM when I had a *quick* look :rolleyes: :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.