Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DJS1234

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 1, 2006
OK my Apple TV looks like it's given up the ghost.

It just keeps going back to the Apple logo on the screen and then back to the main menu.

Any ideas anyone?

incidentally it's not modified at all and the Apple logo isn't the screensaver...

If it's bust that's pretty bad that it didn't even last 1 month!

DJS1234

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 1, 2006
and i've rebooted to the diagnostics and they show that my Apple TV is functioning correctly...

imlucid

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2007
Try a factory restore.

With the remote hit menu and '-' simultaneously until it reboots. Then select the factory restore from the options and see if that takes care of the issue you are having.

Kevin

DJS1234

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 1, 2006
I really dont relish the thought of re-syncing 35gb of Music.....

It's weird, my ATV is fine then all of a sudden has an Apple logo rebooting fit:confused:

DJS1234

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 1, 2006
OK then, I bit the bullet and did a factory restore...

So now I have an AppleTV that gets to the "Connect to iTunes" screen and then Hey Presto! It goes to the Apple logoo and then to a different connect to itunes code...

Guess I'm making a trip to the Apple Store then - Maybe I'll go for a Sonos instead - this really isn't great for a less than 1 month old device (Early adopter syndrome I guess)

imlucid

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2007
I'd try a replacement first before trading off. Its possible you got one with a hardware problem in it.

Kevin

agreen91

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2007
Apple TV keeps rebooting

All,

You should check Apples Support site. Many people are having the same issue. Go to discussions and view the apple tv rebooting thread. I have had the same problem but it seems to have calmed down now.

Oh and it does not seem to be hardware related.

Ash

DJS1234

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 1, 2006
All sorted (Well fixed, not sorted) Apple have forgotten about the ATV when updating the iTunes store for the client 7.2 iTunes+ update. As soon as you disable ATV's route to the internet, the problem goes away as it cant see the iTunes music store.

Although I am going to take my ATV back anyway as Apple have released the bloody 160gb version which they just should of done in the first place...

pavloskgr

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2006
Same problem after itunes 7.2 update(fix it though)

i had the same problem too. That apple logo.......i tried to reboot, unplug the power cord , all that.....didn't work! Till, i switced HDMI ports, i unplugged it from HDMI 1, and plugged it to HDMI 2 of my lcd tv.......Paradoxically it worked fine.....no apple logo.....everything is working great now! It doesn't have any logic in it but it worked.....

P.S. keep in mind that the apple logo appeared the day before yesterday after i updated itunes to 7.2! Can this be the problem? Maybe an Apple TV bug from itunes 7.2????? I don't have any idea of programming so i'm not the one to tell, just guessing!!!!!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.