PDA

View Full Version : Odin Sphere (PS2)

gloss
May 31, 2007, 07:27 PM
I'm about 3 hours into it thus far, but this game is owning me. Gorgeous visuals, very good (Japanese) voice acting, a pleasantly melodramatic story, and classic brawler gameplay with a sprinkling of RPG elements. This may be my favorite game since Shadow of the Colossus.

It's a bit like seeing all my nostalgic memories of sprite-based games flooding back at me in high-res glory.

Anyone else pick it up?

apfhex
May 31, 2007, 08:21 PM
Well, it *looks* amazing, but I was curious how the gameplay holds up after you get into the game a bit, and how fun the "brawler" style is. Might have to pick it up someday though.

gloss
Jun 1, 2007, 09:59 AM
I'm surprised no one else has responded. The game is so old-school that I figured people here would be all over it.

Dagless
Jun 1, 2007, 10:20 AM
Looks like my kinda game, but no PS2 anymore so *shrugs*

Coded-Dude
Jun 1, 2007, 10:33 AM
Are you playing it upscaled to HD on a PS3?

Sky Blue
Jun 1, 2007, 02:37 PM
It does look awesome.

gloss
Jun 1, 2007, 03:12 PM
Are you playing it upscaled to HD on a PS3?

Yeah. Looks fantastic.

I'm six hours in now, and it's still a great game. If you guys have any affinity for classic brawlers/RPGs/sidescrollers, do yourselves a favor and pick it up. It's probably going to be pretty rare in the future, so if nothing else think of it as an investment.

Agilus
Jun 1, 2007, 04:35 PM
As soon as I find this in the store I will pick it up. It looks really cool. :) I like some of the nontraditional ideas, such as growing plants while you're battling to give you power-ups.