PDA

View Full Version : new gimmick

C_a_r_s_t_e_n
Aug 22, 2001, 10:36 AM
hi everybody !

just hold the 'alt' key and klick on the 'about this mac' button in the apple menu.

greetings!

macaddict123k
Aug 31, 2001, 09:19 PM
really cool. ne more????

spikey
Sep 1, 2001, 07:42 AM
hehehe way kool!!!

how did u find that out?

Onyxx
Sep 25, 2001, 03:35 PM
That is what is refered to as an easter egg. There are lots of those in many applications. There was one in an older mac app called "stickies" where if you typed in 'moose' in a "sticky" and pressed enter your note would have a brown moose on it. lots of fun.

al256
Sep 25, 2001, 07:53 PM
How do I hit the alt key, I have a alt/option key. I tried shift+option/alt key nothing, also function+option/alt key nothing. Im using a pismo. I know this is a stupid question but could you tell me the correct combo. I would like to see this easter egg.

GadgetLover
Sep 27, 2001, 12:56 AM
It didn't work on my PB either. :(

snowman
Sep 27, 2001, 01:43 AM
I read about this easter egg in Macformat many moons ago and appearantly it doesn't work on every system, can't remember which though. It's a shame that they fill up my harddrive with bulls**t like that though.

Originally posted by GadgetLover
It didn't work on my PB either. :(

john123
Sep 27, 2001, 01:59 AM
Hold down option, then in the Finder go to the Apple menu...where you would usually see "About this Computer," you now see "About the Finder."

It's just a picture. It's been in lots of OSes before; the picture is just different now.

al256
Sep 27, 2001, 07:26 AM
Thank you

MasterX (OSiX)
Sep 28, 2001, 09:29 PM
The BEST secret trick ever was to commemerate drag and drop, drag and drop text was added in system 7.5 (i think) and if you went into NotePad, typed "secret about BOX", then dragged it to the desktop it launched an AWSOME little secret. It was a picture of the Apple Campus with the flag post, but the flag was a 3-D one, and it had an iguana on it. Apple only had it in there until 7.6 or so. If you have an old system I strongly recomment trying this one.

Oh yeah the cool part, where ever your mouse is, the computer simulates that as the wind direction, thus you can control the flag.

~Nick

john123
Sep 29, 2001, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by MasterX (OSiX)
The BEST secret trick ever was to commemerate drag and drop, drag and drop text was added in system 7.5 (i think) and if you went into NotePad, typed "secret about BOX", then dragged it to the desktop it launched an AWSOME little secret. It was a picture of the Apple Campus with the flag post, but the flag was a 3-D one, and it had an iguana on it. Apple only had it in there until 7.6 or so. If you have an old system I strongly recomment trying this one.

Oh yeah the cool part, where ever your mouse is, the computer simulates that as the wind direction, thus you can control the flag.

~Nick
Yeah, I seem to remember that. It was pretty damn cool.

Sad...we don't get much in the way of easter eggs anymore. The "About the Finder" part isn't even an easter egg really...