PDA

View Full Version : Ipod 5G issue: Dead Pixels

ronni3
Jun 6, 2007, 09:20 AM
Today, after almost a full year of use, I noticed that I had a few dead pixels lingering in the middle of the screen. It hadn't been there the day before, and I am very delicate with my Ipod. I have AppleCare, but will Apple take care of this issue?

P.S. It now seems like they come and go. There were four dead pixels, but it seems after it warmed up a little bit, some of them went away. Is this something I should be concerned with?

Vidd
Jun 6, 2007, 09:23 AM
This happened to mine when video had been left on it by accident for hours.
They disappeared fully after around 5 minutes (no longer!) of use.
Try massaging them, I think that helped!

ronni3
Jun 6, 2007, 10:14 AM
I hadn't left video on for very long. It was left in my glove compartment overnight, and it did get cold out, so maybe that had an effect.

If it continues, should I take it in?

buffalo
Jun 6, 2007, 09:42 PM
If it continues, should I take it in?

If the problem persists, and it bothers you, then go ahead and take it in. There's no guarantee they will do anything, but it is worth a try.

Draythor
Jun 7, 2007, 06:15 PM
If the problem persists, and it bothers you, then go ahead and take it in. There's no guarantee they will do anything, but it is worth a try.

Isn't that kind of the point of blowing a whole lot of money on Apple Care. Take it to the local Apple store. You'll end up witha a 5.5G or a new screen. Win/Win situation.:apple: