PDA

View Full Version : Wait or buy 17?


synthetickittie
Jul 3, 2003, 10:15 AM
I'll be starting college in September (freshmen) and wanted a 17inch powerbook to not be confined to my dorm room to do work and right now I donít have a laptop at all. If it makes any difference my major, well actually Iím having two majors, math and computer science. I will also be getting airport extreme for it. Now should I wait another month to see if they update it or just buy now? Basically I donít NEED it right now, of course it would be nice to have and use but my question isÖ is there any possible thing that I could benefit from that could be updated to the powerbooks within the next 2 months?

iJon
Jul 3, 2003, 10:34 AM
something could possibly happen during then. according to macrumors buying plan as well as apple's usualy product timeline you may be in luck. i would just recommend buying it when you need it. the 17" right now is a fantastic laptop.

iJon

Kwyjibo
Jul 3, 2003, 11:21 AM
ok...you've obviously waited this long I would hold off for a few more months..i'm gonna be a freshman and I bought my iBook last november and I love it ....but i would wait until the line is upgraded honestly so you get more machine for your $$...you also gain the benefits of a rev b from a rev A which is always nice...and you said you don't need it so maybe ask again if it hasn't been updated by august but hold off until atleast then.

nspeds
Jul 3, 2003, 01:42 PM
I think you should buy it if you don't care for minor speed increments in the G4 line/15 inch update. When I found out there wouldn't be any G5 PBs for a while, i bought it=D.

iEric
Jul 4, 2003, 09:16 AM
wait till September...cause you never know what Apple might do in 2 months. and if you buy it now, and they change something, u'd might get :@