PDA

View Full Version : Old avatar appeared when I logged in

dartzorichalcos
Jun 10, 2007, 04:43 PM
For some reason, when I logged in a couple of minutes ago my avatar was changed to my old Isaac Newton avatar on all my posts. Only the change avatar had the current avatar I had. I logged out, cleared cache, logged back in and my avatar is back to the current avatar I have. Was this a glitch and will it repeat again?

EricNau
Jun 10, 2007, 04:46 PM
The servers are probably being prepared for WWDC, and weird quirks like this tend to happen (especially with avatars).

How long have you had the current avatar (did you switch it recently)?

dartzorichalcos
Jun 10, 2007, 04:50 PM
How long have you had the current avatar (did you switch it recently)?

No, I didn't switch my current avatar (the Atlantean guy with green hair) to anything else.

EricNau
Jun 10, 2007, 04:53 PM
No, I didn't switch my current avatar (the Atlantean guy with green hair) to anything else.
...but when did you switch from Isaac Newton to the the Atlantean guy with green hair? Was it recently?

dartzorichalcos
Jun 10, 2007, 04:54 PM
...but when did you switch from Isaac Newton to the the Atlantean guy with green hair? Was it recently?

About 50 or 60 posts ago.

WildCowboy
Jun 10, 2007, 05:04 PM
FWIW, during periods of high forum traffic, the avatars get switched over to the macrumorslive.com server. But the avatars have to be updated on that server to match the ones you normally deal with, but I don't think that had been done for a while. I think Knox has fixed it now, but don't worry about it...things like this happen rather frequently as servers get shuffled around during big events like this.

dartzorichalcos
Jun 10, 2007, 05:10 PM
EricNau and WildCowboy thanks for helping. :)