PDA

View Full Version : Zelda Phantom Hourglass Famitsu scans; Gorons return, penguin-reindeer-eskimo hybrids

GFLPraxis
Jun 12, 2007, 02:36 AM
http://www.nintendoplayers.com/article.php?articleID=898

Interesting stuff. I love Tetra's expression. The fishing minigame is back. What's up with the eskimos with reindeer horns and penguin bodies? And will we finally find out why there were only three Gorons in disguise in Wind Waker?

Dagless
Jun 12, 2007, 05:31 AM
Them graphics are wonderful, I had no idea the DS could do that good. Oh ya- Nintendo console and Nintendo game :D

I want this to be good. I'm a fan of "land" based Zelda games but if they pull off something like Windwaker with bigger islands then I'd be very content.

Vidd
Jun 12, 2007, 07:34 AM
That looks like a good step up from every other DS game.

pcypert
Jun 12, 2007, 08:51 AM
Seems cool enough for a handheld Zelda. I'm near the end of TP and it's making me all kinds of mad so it's hard to get excited for a Zelda game right now :) .

What's the deal with the stick on the right page? It's showing you having to move the stylus back and forth on the touch screen. I really hope there's not too much of that kind of stuff. Games with too much touch screen outside of games directly made for that drive me nuts....Diddy Kong anyone?

Paul

GFLPraxis
Jun 12, 2007, 12:27 PM
Seems cool enough for a handheld Zelda. I'm near the end of TP and it's making me all kinds of mad so it's hard to get excited for a Zelda game right now :) .

What's the deal with the stick on the right page? It's showing you having to move the stylus back and forth on the touch screen. I really hope there's not too much of that kind of stuff. Games with too much touch screen outside of games directly made for that drive me nuts....Diddy Kong anyone?

Paul

I played the game at E3; it's entirely touch controlled. No button usage whatsoever.

twistedlegato
Jun 12, 2007, 01:19 PM
I played the game at E3; it's entirely touch controlled. No button usage whatsoever.

Wha oh:D

Now i really wish i had a DS:(

GFLPraxis
Jun 12, 2007, 01:23 PM
Multiplayer was pretty fun too, though I only got to try one game mode for five minutes.

Dagless
Jun 12, 2007, 02:47 PM
Now i really wish i had a DS:(

Somebody without a DS?! Lemme take a picture :eek: :cool:

MacRumorUser
Jun 12, 2007, 02:54 PM
What I find interesting about this game, is that it's got a lot of people eagerly anticipating this.. and yet a lot of these people who are anticipating this are the same people who turned their noses up-to WindWaker because of it's graphical style.

Kind of ironic.....

ChrisK018
Jun 12, 2007, 03:29 PM
I had no problem with the Windwalker graphics style. Bring it on, I say.

JackAxe
Jun 12, 2007, 09:17 PM
This is the one game I really want more than anything else right now.

Who's the creepy looking guy riding in my BOAT?!!! :mad: I hope that unlike the Tingle demon, I'll actually be able to kill this EVIL. :o

<]=)

asxtb
Jun 13, 2007, 12:04 AM
That is really a turn off for me. I really don't like using the touch screen with games like that. Some games it is ok, but most I prefer the normal button controls. :o

pcypert
Jun 13, 2007, 12:54 AM
Actually that makes me kind of intrigued. The thought of switching back and forth constantly or awkwardly trying to do touch in the midst of analogue is what bothered me most. If it's all touch you can get used to things...

Paul

Sky Blue
Jun 13, 2007, 08:33 AM
Looks kinda meh....sounds painful, one giant dungeon with time running out? urgh.

Nintendo, It's not too late to cancel and forget WW ever happened (ok, it is but I can dream).

JackAxe
Jun 14, 2007, 12:10 AM
Wind Waker is an excellent game. I hope the monkeys that were too busy being hard-corn and have a Wii now, will give the game a serious go. I'm still confused by the fact that many didn't like it, because the game was cartoony. Zelda has always been cartoony.

Magical Starsign required heavy use of the stylus and they pulled it off. It showed me it can be done. Prior to this game, I've only had bad experiences with touch-controls for games on my PDAs.

<]=)

Dagless
Jun 14, 2007, 05:57 AM
Kirby Canvas Curse - perfect controls.

asxtb
Jun 21, 2007, 06:53 AM
So, is everyone excited? Zelda comes out in 2 days!

MacRumorUser
Jun 21, 2007, 07:06 AM

Really I always suspected she swung that way. ;)

djstarrock
Jun 21, 2007, 10:01 AM
I can't wait but Holiday season is really far away.

greatdevourer
Jun 21, 2007, 12:28 PM
That is really a turn off for me. I really don't like using the touch screen with games like that. Some games it is ok, but most I prefer the normal button controls. :o Here here - Touch is OK, but for anything other than minigames or "alternative games", being all-touch just doesn't work - cool as the stylus is, buttons are still a necessity

Dagless
Jun 21, 2007, 12:39 PM
buttons are still a necessity

Tell that to Elite Beat Agents or Hotel Dusk :D

I hear the touch controls work great in this. At least according to the cheeky folk playing the rom on Gamefaqs.

ChrisK018
Jun 21, 2007, 02:55 PM
I also read on the IGN site here (http://ds.ign.com/objects/694/694756.html) how a 'must have buttons' doubter was impressed. So let's just hold off our judgement (yeah, right) until it comes out.

Um... when is it coming out?!?!

Dagless
Jun 21, 2007, 03:14 PM
Q4 for you guys.
TBA for us guys. :o

MacRumorUser
Jun 21, 2007, 05:40 PM
Q4 for you guys.
TBA for us guys. :o

LOL... bless Nintendo Europe. Great stuff... ;)

Ja Di ksw
Jun 22, 2007, 12:53 PM

Holy hell, I completely lost track of looking at games and didn't know this until today!!!!!!!! I've been looking forward to this game since it was first previewed. Time for the credit card to take one more hit it can't afford . . . .

Dagless
Jun 22, 2007, 02:27 PM
heh, you've got plenty of time to wait for an English version :D unless the Japan version supports English too?

zap2
Jun 22, 2007, 02:31 PM
LOL... bless Nintendo Europe. Great stuff... ;)

You guys have anything us USA people don't? I'm talking DS games, add on...anything that I can take home, and use here.

(I'm leave for Europe soon, and wouldn't mind picking up some European only stuff, or stuff not yet released here)

twistedlegato
Jun 22, 2007, 03:20 PM
You guys have anything us USA people don't? I'm talking DS games, add on...anything that I can take home, and use here.

(I'm leave for Europe soon, and wouldn't mind picking up some European only stuff, or stuff not yet released here)

To bad you cant pick up a copy of Strikers. Wii is region locked:mad: