PDA

View Full Version : iBook g3 wont charge

MAC1988
Jun 17, 2007, 03:39 PM
Hey guys My girl friends iBook 900mhz g3 doesn't want to charge for some reason, has anyone had this problem?

Warbrain
Jun 17, 2007, 03:44 PM
Try resetting the PMU. Someone else will most likely be able to give you instructions on how since I don't exactly know on that model.

xlii
Jun 17, 2007, 03:44 PM
How old is the battery. If more than 3 years old you might just need a new battery. I have a G3 700mhz ibook and that's how long my battery lasted.

If plugged in does the ibook still run? If not, does it run if you remove the battery and use only the powercord?

I grew up in Cranston...

MAC1988
Jun 18, 2007, 02:57 AM
Well the battery is more than 3 yrs old, but it doesnt get a charge at all, if i take the battery out it still wont power, so im stumped how do i go about ressetting the PMU?

xlii
Jun 18, 2007, 09:46 AM
If the ibook will not power on with the battery removed and the powercord plugged in then it sounds like the ibook needs repair. Is there an Apple store in RI? If not there are 2 in Massacheusetts. One in Cambridge and one in Newton on Route 9 inside of the Chestnut Hill Mall.

This is what apple says about ibooks that don't power on & resetting the PMU.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=50989

Good Luck.

stany150
Nov 27, 2007, 12:14 AM
ya my ibook wont charge when i put the charger in instead of the light being orange it blinks green anyone have any ideas