PDA

View Full Version : Lost WUs

Mr. Anderson
Jul 7, 2003, 07:48 PM
So I did a WU today and it didn't show up on the stats, anyone know why?

I also seem to be going down in production - I'm wondering if for some reason I've been dropping others....

D

pfranzen
Jul 11, 2003, 02:44 PM
had a big 50 pointer finish about 16 hours ago and still no credit for it... maybe when i installed the DP script it did something to the finished unit...

mueng
Jul 11, 2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by pfranzen
had a big 50 pointer finish about 16 hours ago and still no credit for it... maybe when i installed the DP script it did something to the finished unit...

I have two machines running, my Quicksilver 800 and my roomate's Toshiba 2.4 GHz laptop. Both finished a unit last night sometime, but I've only gotten credit for the one finished on my Mac. I've yet to see credit for the Windows one, even though on the program itself it says I finished it.

As I remember, something was wrong with the stats pages this morning, so maybe they're still trying to catch up?

zimv20
Jul 11, 2003, 03:33 PM
i've lost a 70-pointer (3 days now) and i think a second one (from before that).

ugh.

Vlade
Jul 11, 2003, 04:41 PM
is there a command I can type to see what I have waiting to be sent back to the server?

bousozoku
Jul 11, 2003, 04:41 PM
Mine from Wednesday is in there now, as well as the one from Thursday.

zimv20
Jul 11, 2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Vlade
is there a command I can type to see what I have waiting to be sent back to the server?

my 70-pointer was sent back to the server (i checked the log), but it still hasn't registered.

they had a power outage, btw, so i'm hoping that things are just backed up.

arogge
Jul 12, 2003, 06:08 PM

Use the "-queueinfo" switch with the Folding executable.

NNO-Stephen
Jul 12, 2003, 06:25 PM
I hope they get their kinks worked out by tomorrow morning when i send my 70.9 pointer in... god if it gets lost i'm gonna be so pissed...

Vlade
Jul 12, 2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by arogge
Use the "-queueinfo" switch with the Folding executable.

I typed -queueinfo and queueinfo into the terminal, and that didn't work... probably just me being tired (38 hours with only a 50 minute nap).

Vlade
Jul 13, 2003, 11:12 AM
Actually NOTHING at this page http://folding.stanford.edu/console-userguide.html works, it always says Command not found.

How do I fix this?

Veldek
Jul 13, 2003, 11:30 AM
Actually NOTHING at this page http://folding.stanford.edu/console-userguide.html works, it always says Command not found.

How do I fix this?

I think you misunderstood them. You mustn't enter "queueinfo" as a command, but enter the command to start folding and append the "-queueinfo" option or another option from this page. Therefore the command should look like this:

binaryname -option

where binaryname is the folding one and option is queueinfo, for example.

NNO-Stephen
Jul 13, 2003, 01:58 PM
good good, my WU got turned in alright... :D

pfranzen
Jul 14, 2003, 07:14 PM
mine of course didnt..im giving that 50 points up...grrrr

Mr. Anderson
Jul 14, 2003, 08:42 PM
it seems that they've been having some serious issues lately. That and we're really producing a lot less......anyone have any clue what's going on?

D

Falleron
Jul 24, 2003, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
it seems that they've been having some serious issues lately. That and we're really producing a lot less......anyone have any clue what's going on?

D
Dont know. But, I was crunching a large protein last night + was about 20 frames of completion (out of 400) + then when I looked back at the computer it had started a new unit!! The computer could not have finished it. Any ideas what happened there. I tried restarting the computer but it just carried on with the new unit. By the way, this is on a PC.

Is there a way we can track which computers are sending units? I have a number of computers that send units in every so often.

bousozoku
Jul 24, 2003, 09:01 AM
I had one that had gone about that far and stopped to send results. There was some message about it being faulty and it started over. After the second time, I deleted it.

maradong
Jul 24, 2003, 09:28 AM
there are normal faults in the wu s.
some proteins will just not fold correctly. and the core understands the problem, and sends the wu back to the server for a check if it is working correctly or if the cpu is producing calculation errors.

Capt Underpants
Jul 24, 2003, 10:05 AM
I am trying to get my first WU, and after being 40% through before I went to bed, I woke up and I was 24% through with another one, but I hadn't got the credit. O well. Maybe I can get credit for my next WU.

Vlade
Jul 24, 2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Capt Underpants
I am trying to get my first WU, and after being 40% through before I went to bed, I woke up and I was 24% through with another one, but I hadn't got the credit. O well. Maybe I can get credit for my next WU.

Well if you finished a WU that fast don't worry, I worked on one for 140 hours and didn't get credit for it :(

Capt Underpants
Jul 24, 2003, 01:54 PM
Well if you finished a WU that fast don't worry, I worked on one for 140 hours and didn't get credit for it :(

Well even though I had worked on it about 20 hours, it was a loss none the less. Stinks that you didn't get credit for that one though.

Vlade
Jul 24, 2003, 04:59 PM
What type of computer are you running? I am getting 2 new PCs soon and I want to know how fast they will fold.

Capt Underpants
Jul 25, 2003, 10:11 AM
Last night I once again folded a WU, and hace yet to get credit for it. I want to get credit for my WUs. I am still not even listed there, and I should have atleast have 50 points, and as of yet, I have none.

Rower_CPU
Jul 25, 2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Capt Underpants
Last night I once again folded a WU, and hace yet to get credit for it. I want to get credit for my WUs. I am still not even listed there, and I should have atleast have 50 points, and as of yet, I have none.

Look here (http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_members.php?TeamID=3446&pagenumber=4).

Capt Underpants
Jul 25, 2003, 10:49 AM
Thank you very much, Rower_CPU. I was looking on the Stanford pages for my folding. Sorry for the (unneeded) complaining, but I will cease to do it from now on. Now I know exactly where to look. Thanks again.

-Captain Underpants