PDA

View Full Version : Bernard Manning's Dead

mrfrosty
Jun 18, 2007, 11:11 AM
It won't mean much to people outside of the UK ....but....Bernard Manning's dead.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6765093.stm

MacRy
Jun 18, 2007, 12:24 PM
Good! One less bigot on the planet.

Blue Velvet
Jun 18, 2007, 12:25 PM
Oh dear... shame. What's for dinner?

MacRy
Jun 18, 2007, 12:31 PM
My only hope is that he was kicked to death by a gang of homosexual asian mother-in-laws.

Peterkro
Jun 18, 2007, 12:33 PM
Police social clubs thrown into chaos.(although they still have Jim Davidson,more's the shame).

eluk
Jun 18, 2007, 02:15 PM
Yes.

Dagless
Jun 18, 2007, 08:29 PM
Good! One less bigot on the planet.

Well done.
You know his routine wasn't his actual self? I've met him many times and he's a regular friendly person. I thought it was well known he was putting on a show :confused: Next you'll be telling me Dame Edna is a woman :D

It's a shame though. In a world gone just a little too politically correct it was nice to have a big of rude humour once in a while.

MacRy
Jun 19, 2007, 04:24 AM
Well done.
You know his routine wasn't his actual self? I've met him many times and he's a regular friendly person. I thought it was well known he was putting on a show :confused: Next you'll be telling me Dame Edna is a woman :D

It's a shame though. In a world gone just a little too politically correct it was nice to have a big of rude humour once in a while.

So you're saying that it's ok to act like a racist and make people from ethnic backgrounds a target for your humour as long as you don't really mean it? His material was clearly representative of his actual views.

Queso
Jun 19, 2007, 04:28 AM
Although I was never a fan, I wasn't particularly bothered by him either. He was a Shock Comedian, and his jokes and jibes went out in all directions. He probably had a good old poke at Fat Bigoted Northerners too .

Ah well. Roy Chubby Brown will make a few quid out of it anyway.

garybUK
Jun 19, 2007, 07:17 AM
Seeing as he came from one of the backgrounds that he just to 'poke fun at' i dont see the problem.

It's a shame to loose any life, he will be missed.

GoCubsGo
Jun 19, 2007, 07:22 AM
So you're saying that it's ok to act like a racist and make people from ethnic backgrounds a target for your humour as long as you don't really mean it? His material was clearly representative of his actual views.

For the most part in his case I couldn't agree more.

Blue Velvet
Jun 19, 2007, 07:25 AM
In a world gone just a little too politically correct ...

I think you mean a world where offensive homophobia, racism, nationalism, and blatant misoygyny isn't applauded anymore? What a shame for the rest of us.

xJulianx
Jun 19, 2007, 07:36 AM
"Like him or loathe him there was no way of ignoring him"

biturbomunkie
Jun 19, 2007, 07:45 AM
who was he?

What's for dinner?

chinese... i dreamt that i was eating roasted pork... *drool* care to join?

Queso
Jun 19, 2007, 07:53 AM
who was he?
Bernard Manning (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Manning)

DAC47
Jun 19, 2007, 10:34 AM
Linda Smith dead at 48
Bill Hicks dead at 32

Bernard Manning dead at 76

not really fair is it

PreacherKane
Jun 21, 2007, 07:16 AM
Linda Smith dead at 48
Bill Hicks dead at 32

not really fair is it

No, it's not. But at least he wrote his own obituary.;)

eluk
Jun 21, 2007, 11:08 AM
Linda Smith dead at 48
Bill Hicks dead at 32

not really fair is it

Definitely not Linda Smith still greatly missed.

Silencio
Jun 21, 2007, 11:32 AM
Definitely not Linda Smith still greatly missed.

And Bill Hicks, too. And the great Mitch Herberg.