PDA

View Full Version : In the State of Texas

joepunk
Jun 20, 2007, 05:49 PM
An angry crowd beat a man to death (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070620/ap_on_re_us/crash_assault) after a vehicle he was riding in struck a young girl.

The man, David Rivas Morales, was getting out of the car (he was not the driver) to help the girl when the crowd descended on him and beat him to death.

The girl, who was 3 or 4, was not seriously injured.

:(

Edit: New News Report (http://www.myfoxaustin.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=3547296&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1)
Witnesses told police that several black males then started to assault the driver. They told police the crowd then started beating Morales when he got out of the car to try to stop the fight.

Police say there could be anywhere from two to 20 suspects.

PlaceofDis
Jun 20, 2007, 05:53 PM
wtf. there are a lot of things going wrong with this world.

sad story over all.

aquajet
Jun 20, 2007, 06:27 PM
My God. That's f'ed up.

xsedrinam
Jun 20, 2007, 09:19 PM
Ironic and sad. On the day they celebrated the releasing of slaves, in Texas.

Abstract
Jun 20, 2007, 09:20 PM
********** idiots. Gotta love them Texans.

katie ta achoo
Jun 20, 2007, 09:26 PM

Don't let the actions of this group of Texans speak for all of us. :o

that being said, on the news, they presented the crowd like a hero. *shudder*

kretzy
Jun 20, 2007, 09:30 PM
:( How incredibly sad and senseless.

that being said, on the news, they presented the crowd like a hero. *shudder*

Um, the guy didn't do anything wrong, how can they possibly portray the mob as heroes? :confused:

katie ta achoo
Jun 20, 2007, 09:31 PM
Um, the guy didn't do anything wrong, how can they possibly portray the mob as heroes? :confused:

"Vigilante justice." They conveniently left out the fact that the little girl was OK and made it sound like she was killed in the collision, so the crowd was killing a "child killer!!1!1!!"
*sigh* :rolleyes:

PlaceofDis
Jun 20, 2007, 09:32 PM
"Vigilante justice." They conveniently left out the fact that the little girl was OK and made it sound like she was killed in the collision, so the crowd was killing a "child killer!!1!1!!"

creative reporting. twunts.

this is a horrible story and shouldn't be treated as a righteous act.

xsedrinam
Jun 20, 2007, 09:34 PM
Did the local news comment on his being Hispanic as having anything to do with the outrage?

EricNau
Jun 20, 2007, 09:43 PM
He wasn't even the driver and they still beat him to death?

People are so unbelievably stupid.

runplaysleeprun
Jun 20, 2007, 09:45 PM
If thats how the news portrayed it, thats almost worse than the actual act (almost).

What news station was it? They generally have websites that closely mirror their newscasts.

yg17
Jun 20, 2007, 10:14 PM
Did the local news comment on his being Hispanic as having anything to do with the outrage?

So, was he really Hispanic?

sad story :(

xsedrinam
Jun 20, 2007, 10:24 PM
So, was he really Hispanic?

sad story :(
Can't confirm it from any source; that's why I asked. But David Rivas Morales sounds Hispanic.

joepunk
Jun 20, 2007, 10:34 PM
I call this a lynch mob myself

katie ta achoo what was the station name of the news crew that "covered" the story?

katie ta achoo
Jun 20, 2007, 10:40 PM
I call this a lynch mob myself

katie ta achoo what was the station name of the news crew that "covered" the story?

I was laying down and listening-- I forget the station, but it was local, not national.

SkyBell
Jun 21, 2007, 01:45 AM
I was laying down and listening-- I forget the station, but it was local, not national.
Most local stations have websites.:p

OutThere
Jun 21, 2007, 02:43 AM
Yay Texas let's hear it for killing people!

biturbomunkie
Jun 21, 2007, 03:02 AM
that's horrible. wonder if race was a factor in the incident.

Counterfit
Jun 21, 2007, 04:28 AM
I checked all the Austin-area news TV sites I could find, and the only one that didn't use the AP story was a poorly written one on CBS 42. It didn't seem to blame the driver though.

I think the second worst part of this is that the group didn't help the kid, but immediately started assaulting the driver.

takao
Jun 21, 2007, 08:15 AM
guess which CSI episode i just watched yesterday ... so much for coincidence

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_Lust_%28CSI_episode%29

OutThere
Jun 21, 2007, 12:59 PM
guess which CSI episode i just watched yesterday ... so much for coincidence

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_Lust_%28CSI_episode%29

I liked that episode...funny thing it's almost the same exact story as what really happened.

That was back in the day when CSI had compelling episodes and interesting plots...it's all kind of bland now.

aquajet
Jun 21, 2007, 01:56 PM

Hey! We're not all degenerates down here, you know...

cycocelica
Jun 22, 2007, 01:21 AM
First Bush then this? I kid, I am from Texas.

But in all seriousness, this is absolutely ridiculous. It was an accident. :rolleyes: