PDA

View Full Version : Ideal G5 system for me?

reajesse
Jul 9, 2003, 02:21 PM
hey all,
I'm a college student looking to buy my first mac ( I posted yesterday about how to get it cheaper) I'm looking to buy the 1.8, but now i'm also considering the dual 2. I have joined ADC so my discount makes all the systems within my budget. I will be using it for photoshop, illustrator, indesign, and internet explorer, possibly simultaneously. Likely I would be running 2 or 3 of the programs at once. Would I benefit that much more from the dual 2 over the 1.8. I am putting in RAM to boost it to 1GB. Would the 1.8 be more than enough for my purposes? I know that it will become obsolete faster, but will it make THAT much of a difference? The goal is to go cheap for me, the less money i spend on the computer, the more i have for rent. thanks everyone

jesse

blogo
Jul 9, 2003, 02:48 PM
you can remove the dvd-r and the modem, that will help a bit on the price, and do not buy memory from apple

Daveman Deluxe
Jul 9, 2003, 03:52 PM
Given the list of apps you'll be using, I think you'll do just fine using the 1.8 GHz G5. If you were doing stuff more like video editing or 3D modeling, I would tell you to get the dualie 2.0 GHz, but it sounds as if you're doing more along the lines of page layout.