PDA

View Full Version : Keeping workunit going when switching to Panther

slightly
Jul 10, 2003, 12:07 PM
Hi

I'm running a large workunit on my Jaguar drive, and I'd like to start doing more in Panther (on a separate drive) - investigating how my programs upgrade, that kind of thing.

Now, if I startup using my Panther drive, what becomes of my workunit? Can I just copy across the work folder to my new user folder? I noticed that the fold program made some note of my "machine ID" - would this include the drive ID (if so, I suppose I'm buggered).

Has anyone done this successfully?

Thanks!

Matt

NNO-Stephen
Jul 10, 2003, 12:08 PM
Hi slightly.

I am not really sure on that one. my memory is very cloudy. I switched to Panther june 24th, but I am not sure when I started Folding... before or after...

anyway, I switched back to Jaguar later... things worked alright still. not sure if the machine ID is tied to HD or what.

mc68k
Jul 10, 2003, 12:47 PM
just fold from the same location...it's all transferrable (i'm running 7A179)

what's your particular setup 4 folding?

slightly
Jul 10, 2003, 12:57 PM
I'm running the console version on a 400MHz TiBook. So it sounds like I can just copy the folder across to my Panther user library?

Thanks

mc68k
Jul 10, 2003, 01:31 PM
yeah if u set it up default the 2 important things are the pref folder in ur user library and the program

u can just copy them. just make sure not to run the old one or only keep one copy