PDA

View Full Version : iQase for iPhone - Which Is Your Favorite?

coolosxapps
Jun 27, 2007, 03:03 PM
Someone posted a link to the iQase website (http://www.iqase.com/), which sells cases for iPhone, and they look very nice. Out of these cases, which do you believe is your favorite and why?

And do you prefer the SWiFT or the SiDE (I'm currently debating between these two cases and was wondering what y'all thought)? Also, do you believe investing in the FiLM is a good idea if you plan on getting one of these nice cases?

Just wondering what everyone's opinions were! :)

coolosxapps

NightStorm
Jun 27, 2007, 03:09 PM
I ended up choosing the SWiFT (brown), no FiLM. :D

loudestnoise
Jun 27, 2007, 04:04 PM
I bought the black SiDE, and it should be here tomorrow. I paid for 2day shipping!

RyanF2009
Jun 27, 2007, 04:05 PM
Black SWiFT headed my way :)

jshbckr
Jun 27, 2007, 04:26 PM
The swift is almost exactly what I'm looking for, I just wish it didn't have a belt clip. (although the clip it has appears to be very nice in the fact that it doesn't protrude from the case much)

tasslehawf
Jun 27, 2007, 05:31 PM
I have a knock off version of this case in black for my treo. I would like to see a version for the iphone. For some reason I really like how it opens down instead of up.

http://homepage.mac.com/tasslehawf/vaja_case.jpg

coolosxapps
Jun 27, 2007, 08:32 PM
Thanks everyone for your comments and opinions thus far. I ended up choosing the SWiFT (Black), and I selected UPS 2 Day Air so it'll be here by this Friday in time to compliment my new iPhone! :D And I didn't purchase any FiLM either for it as I figured it'll be just fine without it.

coolosxapps

Briellz
Jun 27, 2007, 08:45 PM
Thanks everyone for your comments and opinions thus far. I ended up choosing the SWiFT (Black), and I selected UPS 2 Day Air so it'll be here by this Friday in time to compliment my new iPhone! :D And I didn't purchase any FiLM either for it as I figured it'll be just fine without it.

coolosxapps

I ordered the Swift as well.....:D :apple:

NightStorm
Jun 27, 2007, 08:47 PM

coolosxapps
Did you get a shipping notice already? Just curious because I haven't yet.

JNB
Jun 27, 2007, 08:49 PM
Black Swift.

I strongly prefer holsters that hug closely to the body. Nothing worse than a frigging bulge sticking out getting caught on stuff and banging into doorways, snagging getting in & out of cars, etc. Since I wear straight cut shirts untucked most of the time, I'd just as soon not have a lump on my hip.

coolosxapps
Jun 27, 2007, 08:56 PM
I ordered the Swift as well.....:D :apple:

Cool, great to hear :D :apple:

Did you get a shipping notice already? Just curious because I haven't yet.

No, all I have is my Order Number, but I don't have any Tracking Number yet either. I do expect to get it this Friday in time for my iPhone since I purchased the UPS - 2nd Day Air shipping option to ensure prompt delivery. However, and I will be calling them tomorrow with the telephone number listed on their website to confirm this.

coolosxapps

Sal510
Jun 27, 2007, 09:01 PM
i like this one crytal clear case that at&t will be selling for the iPhone

surefire09
Jun 27, 2007, 09:21 PM
wouldnt the magnetic clip erase your flash memory? or mess somthing

Jun 27, 2007, 09:57 PM

no

loudestnoise
Jun 28, 2007, 12:53 AM

No, all I have is my Order Number, but I don't have any Tracking Number yet either. I do expect to get it this Friday in time for my iPhone since I purchased the UPS - 2nd Day Air shipping option to ensure prompt delivery. However, and I will be calling them tomorrow with the telephone number listed on their website to confirm this.

coolosxapps

I ordered mine on Monday evening and paid 2day air and it is currently in Houston and shall be delivered tomorrow morning. I guess that's not exactly 2 day, but the guy was nice enough to ship both mine and my brothers in the same shipment.

TenaciousPZ
Jun 28, 2007, 12:58 AM
honestly i like the Ritz....only because when im using it i want unrestricted access. When im not using it, i dont want a chance at damage or fall out of the case .

/dev/toaster
Jun 28, 2007, 01:04 AM
I want a side mount holster that has a flap that goes over the phone. I always wear my phone on my belt.

roland.g
Jun 28, 2007, 01:14 AM
Belkin has a 'holster' like the swift that I like better.

mulletman13
Jun 28, 2007, 01:15 AM
I've never personally been a fan of cases for iPods or iPhones or even other phones out there. I used to use an iSkin for my iPod, but I hated the added bulk, and it really hid the beauty of the device.

No way that I'm relying on the designers of the skin to show off my phone -- I'll let Apple's designers have their day when I show it off to everybody. Plus, cases essentially give you reason to not treat your phone as good as need be -- whereas using it 'unprotected' means that I know I have to treat it good. ... and from what I've seen it seems durable and uneeding of a case.

ejrizo
Jun 28, 2007, 01:35 AM
the only real case that i have liked so far has been the Belkin Acrylic case... i really like that case

Steve1496
Jun 28, 2007, 01:44 AM
I've always been a fan of Vaja. They take about 2 weeks to make the case, but they're usually of high quality and genuine leather. iPhone cases are coming soon. I also like invisible shield although it may not be needed for iPhone due to its scratch resistant screen.

My favorite from iQase, though, would be the iQase Skin. I like cases that allow you to use the product with the case on.

Waiting for a few more to pop up before I order.

iFreQuency
Jun 28, 2007, 02:53 AM
I ordered the Swift, SIde and Skin, ALL WITH FILM...because im getting 2 of them and me and the girlfriend are gonna decide on the cases we like by trying them!

loudestnoise
Jun 28, 2007, 03:15 AM
I ordered the Swift, SIde and Skin, ALL WITH FILM...because im getting 2 of them and me and the girlfriend are gonna decide on the cases we like by trying them!

Ha, nice. Talk about case coverage. I actually ordered a case from myincipio.com (http://myincipio.com) before discovering the beauty that is iQase.

NightStorm
Jun 28, 2007, 07:48 AM

coolosxapps
I received my tracking number late last night... scheduled for delivery tomorrow, unfortunately to work (which I won't be at all day). Guess I'll make a little trip to pick it up after the AT&T store...

loudestnoise
Jun 28, 2007, 03:06 PM
I just got my iQase(s) SiDEs in the mail and am so excited I had to take pictures of them. It even came with a ballpoint pen! Ha, not sure why, but it did. I got a black and a brown. One for me and my brother :D

itsallinurhead
Jun 28, 2007, 03:27 PM
I wanted to order the film, but paying $10 for shipping is a smidgen obscene.

mashinhead
Jun 30, 2007, 12:50 PM
I wanted to order the film, but paying $10 for shipping is a smidgen obscene.

has anyone ordered the film i'm considering also and i wnat to know if that will inhibit the functions of the touch screen

JonboyDC
Jun 30, 2007, 07:39 PM
I've always been a fan of Vaja. They take about 2 weeks to make the case, but they're usually of high quality and genuine leather. iPhone cases are coming soon.
I love my Vaja iPod case -- I feel like the case is almost much a work of art as the iPod. And while I think the iPhone is more gorgeous than any iPod I've owned, and while I'm pleased to hear how sturdy it is, it still makes me nervous to be walking around with it so exposed. So I'm looking forward to seeing what Vaja comes up with as an iPhone case.

iMichael72
Jun 30, 2007, 08:45 PM
I ordered the iCase Side, black, w/film.

Should have it on the 5th.

Jul 8, 2007, 11:47 PM
has anyone gotten their iqase skin yet? I'm not sure to get that or the incase molded rubber case (doesn't cover as much of the phone) or maybe both a skin and a leather case. hmmm

I have an iSkin for my 30gb ipod video, and use it in my truck constantly, every now and then I take the skin off, the ipod still looks like it's brand new out of the box :)

iFreQuency
Jul 9, 2007, 06:47 PM
i JUST got my iqase side and swift both with a package of the clear crystal film, let me tell you it does NOT affect the functionality of the touchscreen, it feels a TINY smidge "tackier" but i have found it cuts down on the smudges quite a bit as well, so all in all I am VERY happy with my purchase of these cases and film. By the way im using the Siwft model and my girlfriend is using the Side, both with film.

Jul 14, 2007, 07:05 PM
Received my Skin case and film. I love the film, you can barely tell it's there and gives me some piece of mind. I don't care for the skin too much, it's too loose. I felt that the skin could scratch the iPhone (grit gets around the edge of the screen under the skin). Anyways, I went to the ATT Wireless store and picked up a belkin slide in case, looks great and does a good job protecting the phone. Only problem is that you have to remove the phone to use it (therefore the phone is naked when it's most likely to fall out of your hands)

Still looking for a good leather case that protects the WHOLE iPhone and still lets you use the screen and buttons.

MyMac8MyPC
Dec 8, 2008, 11:23 PM

That's the main reason why we wouldn't order this case. There are lots of people who have reported having cases with magnetic clips that have reported damage to their iPods. The swift is nice and I came very close to buying one but there needs to be a version with no clip so you can easily put it in your pocket :apple: