PDA

View Full Version : Gaming on the 12" Powerbook

AHDuke99
Jul 14, 2003, 01:26 PM
I'm getting ready to order a 12" Powerbook, I wanted to know how is the gaming on it. I will be playing Spearhead, Simcity 4, Tigerwoods 2003, etc. Probably not UT2003. Will everything run smoothly, I don't have the cash for a 15" Tibook. Also, will there be any speed bumps to it on Wednesday, or maybe a bigger graphics card. I want to get it in before Friday before I leave for vacation. I guess If they do change it at create, I can always cancel my order, or send it back. But I am hearing that create is going to be all about the 15.4" Powerbooks.

gopher
Jul 14, 2003, 02:07 PM
Find the return policy of the place you order before you place the order in case a newer model comes out.

These are good places to shop:

http://www.macprices.com/

Anticipat3
Jul 15, 2003, 09:04 AM
I had a 12" for a while, wasn't satisfied with the gaming results.

MOHAA and War3 were playable... but choppy, even at lower detail settings.

Given, I'm used to a 3 ghz + radeon 9700 pro gaming PC, but I've said it once and I'll say it again:

LAPTOPS ARE NOT FOR GAMING.

Kthx.

Horrortaxi
Jul 15, 2003, 09:28 AM
I've played Spearhead on my 700mhz iBook. The maps take forever to load but it plays just fine.

thebossisback
Jul 15, 2003, 09:31 AM
As long as you aren't playing any super advanced games, it should be just fine

Daveman Deluxe
Jul 15, 2003, 10:28 AM
I'm playing Baldur's Gate II and Neverwinter Nights on my iBook 700 and it's working out well (getting around 20 fps on NWN, which is fine). I wouldn't expect your PB to be able to keep up with new games for much longer than another year or so though.