Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xckid87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2007
If you bought an iPhone from ATT, the code is on the receipt to put into iTunes. I bought the iPhone at an Apple store and need the code how do I get it?

Frisco

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2002
Utopia
If you bought an iPhone from ATT, the code is on the receipt to put into iTunes. I bought the iPhone at an Apple store and need the code how do I get it?

Apple stores don't do credit checks that's why you don't have a code. I would just start the activation process.

xckid87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2007
the activation wont let me finish until i have a credit check code

xckid87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2007
That shouldnt be happening. You should be able to proceed and allow the credit check to take place within iTunes. Everyone who activates wont have a credit check code.

thats what i thought but it gives me three options 1. go to att store to get a code. 2. choose gophone or 3. start over. i went to att and they couldnt get me a code and told me to call a number

technicolor

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2005
><><><><
thats what i thought but it gives me three options 1. go to att store to get a code. 2. choose gophone or 3. start over. i went to att and they couldnt get me a code and told me to call a number

Sounds like youve failed the credit check and need to pay a deposit. Once you pay the deposit in the store they will give you a code.

Marquisimo

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2005
So are you saying that you did not enter either at pre-approved code or a SSN number and you got the options for the go phone? I just wondered because I really hate giving out my SSN.

JoJoCal19

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I had this same issue and I needed to pay a $100 deposit. I went to the ATT store and their system would not let you just pay the deposit and get a code. They had to switch me over and gave me a free samsung flip phone and then I went home and upgraded to the iPhone.

fastdrive

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2006
I had the same problems. I called at&t about 10 times and each time they said I had good credit but had no idea how to give a 9 digit code that works in itunes.

I finally gave up and registered in my wifes name and everything went through fine. The funny thing is that my credit score is much higher than hers!!

No one at at&t could figure out what the problem is.

D1G1T4L

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I had the same problems. I called at&t about 10 times and each time they said I had good credit but had no idea how to give a 9 digit code that works in itunes.

I finally gave up and registered in my wifes name and everything went through fine. The funny thing is that my credit score is much higher than hers!!

No one at at&t could figure out what the problem is.

Sigh..........

Just went through two days of trying to get my number port forwarded. Got an email saying it was not available. Said fine I will just set up a new number and then port it over. Just went through the process again and what do you know........

Getting the Pre-Approval Required thing now?!?!?! :confused:

Ummm didn't show up when I was porting and I know my credit is good. Sounds like I'm going to have another fun night on the phone :(

SiLeNtKiLLa

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2007
I went through hell with this pre-approval bs.....but what you have to do is go to the store, have them run credit check, pay deposit, code is on reciept....which is actually your account number with AT&T.

too bad I had my credit ran at least 7 times, just to figure this out. AT&T didnt even know what to do....I ended up the test dummy!

netdoc66

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2007
New Jersey
I went through hell with this pre-approval bs.....but what you have to do is go to the store, have them run credit check, pay deposit, code is on reciept....which is actually your account number with AT&T.

too bad I had my credit ran at least 7 times, just to figure this out. AT&T didnt even know what to do....I ended up the test dummy!

Yeah them running my credit over and over again caused my credit to get screwed up when I was initially approved. Monday morning it's gonna be hell to pay at the new Death Star store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.