(Hope this hasn't been posted before)

Shotgun OS
Jul 1, 2007, 11:58 PM
ahahahaha!
That was great!
"A big-ass table!"

DavidLeblond
Jul 2, 2007, 07:31 AM
I saw that awhile ago... the best part is the narrator... if you don't listen to what he's actually saying, you'd think it was the real vocal track to the promo... just brilliant!

And it pretty much echoes what I thought when I first saw the Surface... "a friggin TABLE?"

aricher
Jul 2, 2007, 08:37 AM
My take on Surface:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/242/521903348_50dc368b47_o.jpg

Jasonbot
Jul 2, 2007, 10:56 AM
I would so love to get a table like that. Who knows how much my productivity will drop :eek:

mcarnes
Jul 2, 2007, 04:18 PM
Pfft. You have to lean over the stupid thing. No one will be able to work on that for prolonged periods. Back pain anyone? I can see this working as a big touch screen sitting up like a monitor, but not a table.

Anyway, funny clip. It is a big ass table.

Lunja
Jul 2, 2007, 04:27 PM
Watch this one after... lol!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qLNB90GttX0

dmw007
Jul 3, 2007, 08:01 PM
ahahahaha!
That was great!
"A big-ass table!"

I know, that was the perfect introduction. :D

Funny video, but I still think that M$ Surface is a cool idea. :)

Sideonecincy
Jul 4, 2007, 11:56 PM
This is what I can't stand...The iphone costs $600 and people are going wild over how expensive that is...Microsoft comes out with a table, that doesn't even seem to be that productive, for $10000 and nobody says anything.

If microsoft (god forbid) made the iphone, the windows fanboys would be raving over the new great product, like they are about the surface.

GFLPraxis
Jul 5, 2007, 12:04 PM
This is what I can't stand...The iphone costs $600 and people are going wild over how expensive that is...Microsoft comes out with a table, that doesn't even seem to be that productive, for $10000 and nobody says anything.

If microsoft (god forbid) made the iphone, the windows fanboys would be raving over the new great product, like they are about the surface.

Because Microsoft is selling the Surface to big businesses only. Thus, nobody cares to complain; they're not paying the money.

Nobody'll complain about the price until Microsoft starts selling it to the average joe.

Pfft. You have to lean over the stupid thing. No one will be able to work on that for prolonged periods. Back pain anyone? I can see this working as a big touch screen sitting up like a monitor, but not a table.

Wow, have you ever read anything about the Surface? It's not designed for productivity. It's more of a demo station for retail stores or restaurants or bars or hotels.

It is, really, a toy. A very cool toy that businesses will use to attract customers.

iToaster
Jul 5, 2007, 03:59 PM
HA! That made my day... I loved that short little one with the blue screen too. The Msft table... what?!?!? Why do businesses need a big expensive table to show off? And a bar will not get one... just wait until that drink gets spilled...

Cougarcat
Jul 5, 2007, 04:42 PM
HA! That made my day... I loved that short little one with the blue screen too. The Msft table... what?!?!? Why do businesses need a big expensive table to show off? And a bar will not get one... just wait until that drink gets spilled...

Um, the table is designed to handle spills. In fact, it's designed with restaurants in mind--cups can contain small chips which the table will recognize. Seems kind of pointless, but there you go.