PDA

View Full Version : DNC chairman vows no Dems on Calif. recall ballot

Kwyjibo
Jul 17, 2003, 11:54 PM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/archive/2003/07/17/state1951EDT0166.DTL

I DON'T WANT TO DISCUSS THE Sides OF THIS MOVE BUT THE MOVE ITSELF, i put it in current events because i think this is amazing poltiics

a political party is saying that if you take out our candidate, were not giving you a new one, its such a bold and great move IMO

MrMacMan
Jul 17, 2003, 11:58 PM
Great Stuff, thanks for the post.

It is really stand-down-ish.

A great, bold move.

Kid Red
Jul 18, 2003, 10:49 AM
Without derailing the thread and starting some unwanted for and against thread, quickly, in a few words, why are they recalling the election? I never got that part.

wdlove
Jul 18, 2003, 10:49 AM
Just showing their arrogance again. This may just backfire big time. If you don't showup you loose!

MrMacMan
Jul 18, 2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Kid Red
Without derailing the thread and starting some unwanted for and against thread, quickly, in a few words, why are they recalling the election? I never got that part.

Basically because in Calf Rep. would lose against any dem, they want to recall him so they have a better chance of winning.

But the recall campagin is being funded by the republican so its like totally bull ****.

Originally posted by wdlove
Just showing their arrogance again. This may just backfire big time. If you don't showup you loose!

Maybe so, but they are sticking up for what they believe in.

mactastic
Jul 18, 2003, 04:19 PM
This may be the fastest way to have a Gov. Swartzennegger, or a Gov. Riordan. I'm a little unsure why McCauliff gets to make this decision, but I know Davis is anxious to have the Democratic field all to himself. Davis' best hope is to stall the special election until the spring of next year, when the presidential primaries are held here. That will boost participation from people statewide, who are generally democratic voters. If it happens this fall, the outcome is less certain.