Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kid Red

macrumors 65816
Dec 14, 2001
Without derailing the thread and starting some unwanted for and against thread, quickly, in a few words, why are they recalling the election? I never got that part.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Just showing their arrogance again. This may just backfire big time. If you don't showup you loose!

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Originally posted by Kid Red
Without derailing the thread and starting some unwanted for and against thread, quickly, in a few words, why are they recalling the election? I never got that part.

Basically because in Calf Rep. would lose against any dem, they want to recall him so they have a better chance of winning.

But the recall campagin is being funded by the republican so its like totally bull ****.

Originally posted by wdlove
Just showing their arrogance again. This may just backfire big time. If you don't showup you loose!

Maybe so, but they are sticking up for what they believe in.

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
This may be the fastest way to have a Gov. Swartzennegger, or a Gov. Riordan. I'm a little unsure why McCauliff gets to make this decision, but I know Davis is anxious to have the Democratic field all to himself. Davis' best hope is to stall the special election until the spring of next year, when the presidential primaries are held here. That will boost participation from people statewide, who are generally democratic voters. If it happens this fall, the outcome is less certain.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.