PDA

View Full Version : Nike+?

laidbackliam
Jul 8, 2007, 05:25 PM
does nike+ work with the iPhone? i haven't heard anything, but man, it should. you'd be able to upload info right after the workout.

BigPrince
Jul 8, 2007, 05:27 PM
if not, it would be nice if supported it.

I haven't tried it yet, but I have carried it on me while running.

JMGvtec03
Jul 8, 2007, 05:55 PM
I was really hoping that it would but unfortunatly it doesn't ... Really hope they fix this...

Mac-Addict
Jul 8, 2007, 05:59 PM
They wont because the nike add on will interfere with the WiFi, though it would be great to automatically upload all your running info to your profile without your computer.

rwdebes
Jul 8, 2007, 06:02 PM
dont you think iphone is a litle , lets say bigger than a nano ? NIKE+ was designed for nano and if you wanted the regular ipod.. i just cant imagine someone running with an iphone on your arm.

BigPrince
Jul 8, 2007, 06:06 PM
dont you think iphone is a litle , lets say bigger than a nano ? NIKE+ was designed for nano and if you wanted the regular ipod.. i just cant imagine someone running with an iphone on your arm.

I run with the cell phone in my pocket...they do make an arm sports band for the phone.

In fact it would be nicer on the iPhone because of the significantly larger screen.

JMGvtec03
Jul 8, 2007, 06:26 PM

Well yes the nano is small but the main reason apple chose that was because of the flash memory... Since the iPhone uses flash many would only hope.

jlanuez
Sep 17, 2007, 05:17 PM
Any update on this?

Will they make this work on the iPhone? If so, I would buy it, but I'm not also buying a Nano my wife & I both use the :apple:iPhones (would not make sense), we love our all-in-one device!

twoodcc
Sep 17, 2007, 06:10 PM
it would be nice and all, but seriously, i would not want to sweat on my iPhone

jlanuez
Sep 18, 2007, 05:17 PM
it would be nice and all, but seriously, i would not want to sweat on my iPhone

That's what this is for... :D
(I want the Nike+ feature on my iPhone!)

Belkin Sport Armband for iPhone (http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=9DF6080&nplm=TN609LL/A)
Enjoy your workout and keep your iPhone handy with the Belkin Sport Armband. Price: $29.95

munckee
Sep 18, 2007, 07:13 PM
Any update on this?

Will they make this work on the iPhone? If so, I would buy it, but I'm not also buying a Nano my wife & I both use the :apple:iPhones (would not make sense), we love our all-in-one device!

I'll be completely shocked if they decide to make the iPhone compatible with Nike+.

BigPrince
Sep 18, 2007, 07:28 PM
I'll be completely shocked if they decide to make the iPhone compatible with Nike+.

why?

afbuckeye
Sep 20, 2007, 03:40 PM
would this be something that developers could do? say by some "hack" like with any of the native applications that can now be ran on the iphone?

munckee
Sep 21, 2007, 03:15 PM
why?

Because they have specifically positioned the Nike+ kit around the nano. Yes, the iPhone is similarly flash based, but there are also plenty of people out there who spent years working out with a full-sized ipod and didn't have any issues.

It's simply they way they've designed and marketed the system.