PDA

View Full Version : battery wont charcge when my mac is not in use

Rasheem
Jul 8, 2007, 11:35 PM
I got a brand new ipod :) so far i love it except when my computer automatically goes to sleep after 15 minutes of not being used the iPod wont charge through the USB. Is there a way that i can set my computer to still charge my iPod even when it is in sleep/idle? setting my computer to not sleep is not an option considering it's a MacPro and it eats up power. I suppose i could always plug my iPod into my old iPods firewire wall charger though it's kind of an inconvenience. Any tips?

iBookG4user
Jul 8, 2007, 11:38 PM
Well a neat trick I found is that I can use my Nintendo Wii to charge my iPod through USB. I'm sure you could also do it with the PS3, since it also has USB Ports, I don't have an Xbox 360 so I can't speak of that being able to charge it. You could just use a gaming console to charge the iPod and only use the Mac Pro when you have something to put on the iPod.

nutman
Jul 9, 2007, 12:38 AM
USB doesn't do this. However, if you have an older ipod, ie. the 4generation, you can charge it with firewire, even if your mac is asleep. -____- Another reason why firewire owns USB. Shame Apple lost again.